Basschatters' Soundcloud accounts

Mornats

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

[url="https://soundcloud.com/joeshier"]https://soundcloud.com/joeshier[/url]

Mostly blues. The older stuff is solo acoustic so no bass there, but the more recent uploads are "full band" arrangements.

Edit: perhaps I should have commented on some other posts before posting my own. I've listened to a whole bunch of them though - I don't know what I was expecting but the sheer variety is wonderful!

Edited by Rexel Matador

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My Soundcloud is here. Most of the stuff is from late 80s to 1996, except Sonic Attack which was me pratting around doing a 1-take on a cassette recorder around 1984. Some of it is just random stuff.

The Grizzlies are my current band, I've put a couple of our rehearsals up.

2 Moon Junction and Head in a Helix are the two originals bands I was in and are proper studio demos. Drastic Action was the first band, a covers band in South Wales and are just rehearsals on my ghetto blaster. Other stuff is me with and without my brother, Hangin' Round and Stranger in Blue Suede Shoes are just me and I'm fairly proud of them. The Reluctants is some random folk stuff I recorded friends doing and added some overdubs - it actually got played on Radio Frome! (Only because my mate is a DJ).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A Soundcloud playlist of our rehearsal Monday last ...

'Live', 'one-shot' recordings of our rehearsal. No re-takes, no overdubs, no editing, cut'n'shut, drop-ins or drop-outs. Warts'n'all.
Eight drum mics (no separate hi-hat, though...), two guitar tracks, bass track and a combine PA track, with pre-mixed vocals, acoustic guitar and keys. Post-treatment using Reaper for mix-down, including various EQ, compress, a spot of delay and reverb here and there and that's about it. As mentioned : warts'n'all. Enjoy.

The Daub'z Rehearsal, 20200309 ...

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, SH73 said:

I prefered 2 Comm Elle.... 

R91KekF.gif

Thanks for listening, and taking time to comment. 'Comme Elle Vient' is a very popular piece from the French group 'Noir Désir', who, despite certain trials and tribulations, created many songs which get immediate and positive reactions from most of the concert-goers that we play to. Not quite in the 'head-banger' league (but not far...), and with pithy social comment as their trademark lyrics, their rather deceptively simple construction make these a joy to play (although I'm getting physically 'past it', and can no longer sustain several of these consecutively...). Our rendering segues 'Comme Elle Vient' into 'Tostaky', from the same stable; we have to follow these with something a bit 'lower key', so that I may recover somewhat. The last track ('11 Homm_Pres'; 'L'Homme Pressé'...) is from the same source, same epoch. A quick search on Youtube will bring up both studio and 'live' versions of these songs, for those wishing to get a flavour of our inspirations in 'covering' these. B|

No, even better, here they are ...

Good Stuff..!

Edited by Dad3353

Sounds like the songs have punk edge to them. Nice melodies , bet lyrics are great too. Most of my written songs are a cross between punk and something else. I don't even listen to punk, now that I started singing ish, there are some dozens of lyrics to be written.....

I wish some of my songs were written in lower keys.

• 2 months later...
On 11/03/2020 at 13:11, Dad3353 said:

A Soundcloud playlist of our rehearsal Monday last ...

'Live', 'one-shot' recordings of our rehearsal. No re-takes, no overdubs, no editing, cut'n'shut, drop-ins or drop-outs. Warts'n'all.
Eight drum mics (no separate hi-hat, though...), two guitar tracks, bass track and a combine PA track, with pre-mixed vocals, acoustic guitar and keys. Post-treatment using Reaper for mix-down, including various EQ, compress, a spot of delay and reverb here and there and that's about it. As mentioned : warts'n'all. Enjoy.

The Daub'z Rehearsal, 20200309 ...

I am enjoying this Dad...even the "forrin" bits  😉

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure how I feel about doing this as most of the stuff I've written and recorded has been restricted to a very limited audience (and for good reason). This one may be a bit more tolerable so here you go. There's a lot of things I want to do to improve it but if I do them all I'll never actually "finish" so here's the current version...

Be gentle 🙂

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

New "soundclouder" here.

https://soundcloud.com/andres-de-mordecai

Just uploaded my latest 2 home demos (my "current generation", this is the best I've produced at home so far, detailed enough for it to be learned by the rest of the band then recorded in a real studio). Drums made in Hydrogen using a kit I've built thru' the years (anyone else still using Hydrogen?, might be out of fashion, but I've been to Addictive Drums and still prefer Hydrogen). Then imported it as layers (kick, snare, HH, stereo toms, stere OHs) into a Zoom R24 and recorded everything else in there. For bass I used either a Musicman Stingray 5 (demo 2) or a Schecter CV-5 (demo 1) thru' the R24's own multieffects (on input, SansAmp emulation and heavy compression). Used a cheapo' Tele copy for guitar (carelessly played really, pretty rough), also thru' a Boogie emulation inside the R24. Vocals (in Spanish) were recorded using my Shure SM7B. Then it all went out of the R24 and into Reaper for some editing, final mixing and "mastering" (loudness mostly).

Edited by andruca

Hiya nice peoples...

Dum question from a complete novice on Soundcloud...

I managed to work out getting a free account and have uploaded some tracks of an old band of mine but I cannot work out how to share them to this site.

Do I need to "Go Pro?" Or am I just being thick?

Any help would be appreciated, I could then assault your ears with some obscure band's music from twenty years ago!

2 hours ago, Raymondo said:

Hiya nice peoples...

Dum question from a complete novice on Soundcloud...

I managed to work out getting a free account and have uploaded some tracks of an old band of mine but I cannot work out how to share them to this site.

Do I need to "Go Pro?" Or am I just being thick?

Any help would be appreciated, I could then assault your ears with some obscure band's music from twenty years ago!

Hi Ray

Make sure you are signed in.

When you can see a page of your tunage, select 'share' and the box that appears will have a copiable link. Or right-click the name of a song and copy the link.

Then just paste the link here...

• Thanks 1