Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky RV4 Jazz on ebay 2hrs left no bids, £1000

Quatschmacher

Nice bass, nice price, but not sure about the Seller.

In the last five years he's sold two cheap side tables for a combined value of £12, and that's it. Now he's selling a £1000 bass.

Probably completely legit, but selling that bass as "New (Other)" a couple of months after the worst looting for many years ... hmmmm.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1317029167' post='1385519']
That's a bit below the belt mate. I thought this forum was commenting on items for sale not sellers.
[/quote]
Fair game in the ebay section! As much as anything it opens the eyes of the unwary and can highlight issues than some novices may not have considered or patterns of dodgy previous sales that appear regularly on ebay.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1317029167' post='1385519']
That's a bit below the belt mate. I thought this forum was commenting on items for sale not sellers.
[/quote]

Not looking to offend anyone, and apologies if I did.

My comment is simply what went through my mind as soon as I checked out the Seller's feedback, which (of course) is precisely what a feedback system is supposed to encourage.

Someone looking at my feedback on eBay (h4ppyjack) will see loads of bass-related items going back years. When I started on eBay, I was buying/selling cheap basses and components, as one does.

It never occurred to me to make one of my first-ever transactions a £1000 boutique bass, and I'm not surprised that it didn't sell ... I suspect that the sort of people who might be in the market to buy a bass like that felt the same.

The looting comment may have been OTT. I couldn't help thinking it, but I didn't have to write it.