Why become a member? ×

West Midlands Bass Bash - 27th November !

TRBboy

[quote name='Ian Savage' timestamp='1317748485' post='1394125']
Nice one Yorick, beat me to it! So if we can get a couple of dozen of us only a couple of quid or so each, I could live with that - would we get use of the PA with that too? I'd assume not, but I could lash something together myself if needs be (oh, and I haz teh limited drumming skillz also :))
[/quote]

Not sure about the PA, might be able to swing something on the cheap. Next time i see Rich, i'll get a proper all in price as well, inc. bar!!!!

[quote name='MikanHannille' timestamp='1317755708' post='1394265']
If the venue is somewhere around Worcester and Birmingham, then count me in. :) (As long as it's on weekends)
[/quote]

It looks like it's going to be in Birmingham, and probably on a Sunday afternoon as things stand at the moment. :)

I'm quite interested in this wife/kids permitting. May also be able to provide a "Tame" (these days anyway) drummer if he's not on a weekend shift (he whent from Kieth Moon incarnate to Prison Officer in one fell swoop??!!)

To get things moving - I am going to propose a date of Sunday 27th November. Does this suit most people ?

If so then we can get it booked. Is that something you can deal with yorick/Ian Savage ? Depending on numbers £5-10 each and any profit goes to a nominated charity.

When we've got a date booked we can make a who's coming and bringing what list :).

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1318412326' post='1401691']
To get things moving - I am going to propose a date of Sunday 27th November. Does this suit most people ?[/quote]

Suits me down to the ground, day after I'm reviewing/(hopefully) interviewing Wednesday 13 and Micheal Monroe in Wolverhampton too so I'll be in a throughly rock 'n' roll frame of mind (and likely quite hungover).

I think that should be fine for me, but I best check with 'er indoors later......

It should be good fun, hopefully we can gather quite a few of us together!

It's my 30th the week after, so feel free to all chip in and buy me a Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor if you like :)

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1318412326' post='1401691']
To get things moving - I am going to propose a date of Sunday 27th November. Does this suit most people ?

If so then we can get it booked. Is that something you can deal with yorick/Ian Savage ? Depending on numbers £5-10 each and any profit goes to a nominated charity.

When we've got a date booked we can make a who's coming and bringing what list :).
[/quote]

Will speak to the powers that be ASAP

Ladies and Gentlemen of the West Midlands (and near-ish areas :) ) bass playing fraternity. The date for the WMBB is set for 27th November, 1-6pm, at the Asylum2(upstairs bar) at Madhouse Studios, Birmingam. Deposit has been paid, so no turning back now!!!!
Please list yays and nays. More accurate details of venue location etc to follow................

Nige

Original post hijacked to confirm date and location.

Can people please PM me to confirm attendance and what gear they want to bring ? I can then construct a list and try and avoid any pointless duplications or too much/too little of certain things (we don't want EVERYONE bringing their rig for example).

Cheers :)

Matt

Only had a couple of PMs about what gear people want to bring ! Don't feel it has to be top end gear - it's about people getting to try a big range of stuff and directly comparing it to things that are cheaper/more expensive and seeing what the real differences are, it's not a gear contest :)

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1318752879' post='1405714']Only had a couple of PMs about what gear people want to bring ! Don't feel it has to be top end gear - it's about people getting to try a big range of stuff and directly comparing it to things that are cheaper/more expensive and seeing what the real differences are, it's not a gear contest :)[/quote]

I'm bringing a Yamaha RBX270, so don't be shy people!