Why become a member? ×

Review of Roqsolid Covers

paulmcnamara

ROQSOLID Has The Bases Covered….

One of the most annoying experiences of the gadget generation is the lack of joined up thinking that seems to accompany the release of most new products. I refer mainly to the necessary accessories and after sales service that is so important. Try buying a proprietary brand case for a new mp3 player or phone. You will probably have to wait months before anything appears. And so with musical instruments and equipment. Thank goodness most mid-priced and above guitars normally come with their own cases. But as for amps and speakers etc., how many times have I bought kit, only to be told that cases and covers should be available in a few months time. There was no exception when I recently purchased two small and beautifully formed Aguilar speaker cabinets and their baby amp the TH500. Cases and covers will be available soon........ and they come from America, so we'll have to wait for a shipment, unless you want to pay extra shipping costs. Well extra shipping costs on top of fairly expensive brand covers led me to search for a worthy alternative.
This I found in the form of a partnership of two brothers: Bryn and Lee, who trade under the name of Roqsolid, based in Birstall, West Yorkshire. They are basically custom case manufacturers, who have kept past order specs to build up an off the peg service. I checked out their website having heard some good comments about their products, and soon got down to measuring up my cabinets for a quote. After a few very helpful telephone conversations with both Bryn and Lee I placed my order for one amp and two speaker covers. The covers arrived just two days after ordering and the quality is superb. According to their website "our covers have an outer layer of waterproof poly-propylene, an inner layer of 250gm heavy-duty table-felt and the layers are laminated together for rigidity and durability. I chose the white webbing (there is a choice of six colours) which joins the seams of black material. I am extremely pleased with them as you can probably tell. On many counts Roqsolid scores high: their covers and well designed, expertly made, using appropriate strength materials, with helpful advice from the team, they look good, and are competitively priced; and they arrived at lightning speed, rather than three months after I need them. Roqsolid certainly has all the bases covered. (For further information: www.roqsolid.com.uk)