Why become a member? ×

Bass sound cutting out at rehearsal...

Jamesemt

You'll have to bear with me guys, as there are loads of variables here...

I've got a Superfly rack mounted with a Behringer V amp pro and an AKG Bug wireless transmitter (also a Korg tuner). I'm currently running one side of the amp into a Peavey 1x15 cab.

At rehearsal last night, the sound would cut out for maybe half a second - and happened maybe a dozen times. New battery in the transmitter, and no lights flickering on any of the gear (including the Superfly).

Only thing I noticed was that the Superfly was VERY hot (running it at 2 o'clock on the volume).

Any ideas? Could the Wireless unit be overheating inthe rack case? there is 1u space above the Superfly, and the wireless only occupies half of the width of 1u above the space.

Any ideas? The 'bug' was plugged into my Fender Precision, with the aerial resting on the bridge.

Edited by Jamesemt

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='159437' date='Mar 18 2008, 10:19 AM']You'll have to bear with me guys, as there are loads of variables here...

I've got a Superfly rack mounted with a Behringer V amp pro and an AKG Bug wireless transmitter (also a Korg tuner). I'm currently running one side of the amp into a Peavey 1x15 cab.

At rehearsal last night, the sound would cut out for maybe half a second - and happened maybe a dozen times. New battery in the transmitter, and no lights flickering on any of the gear (including the Superfly).

Only thing I noticed was that the Superfly was VERY hot (running it at 2 o'clock on the volume).

Any ideas? Could the Wireless unit be overheating inthe rack case? there is 1u space above the Superfly, and the wireless only occupies half of the width of 1u above the space.

Any ideas? The 'bug' was plugged into my Fender Precision, with the aerial resting on the bridge.[/quote]

My initial thought is that the aerial should be out in free-aitr, not close to any grounded metal like the bridge. It just sucks up all the RF.

I also use my Bug with the Ariel hooked under the bridge saddle and it causes me no problems at all.
My other AKG system has, in the past been cutting out fo a couple of seconds. i even got it replaced but that made no difference. It would fade back in quite quickly though but no errors would show on the display.
I narrowed it down to the fact that the transmitter was upside down on my strap. I figured out it was to do with the battery being loose and getting shaken when i moved as it was always in the same song it would do it. since i have put the transmitter on my back pocket its been fine.
might be worth checking the battery is secure but like i said, i have no problems with my bug.