Why become a member? ×

Fender Roscoe Beck V in Teal Green

richardd

[quote name='Toasted' post='187329' date='Apr 28 2008, 04:29 PM']I was watching that all week. Unfortunately went out and bought a leather jacket in the morning so that scuppered the bass fund :)[/quote]

I've been after one for a while and managed to shift my jazz within about an hour- picking it up on weds ;D

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='159280' date='Mar 17 2008, 04:39 PM']I have one of these of a similar age but in Shoreline Gold and it's a fantastic bass.. Lovely vintage tones but with much more tonal flexibility than most passive basses..

Yours looks immaculate and in that condition, it is as you say a bit of a rarity - especially now that the 5 strings models are no longer made! Good luck with the sale and have a free bump![/quote]

I knew you'd be on that, Nik! :)

[quote name='mgauction' post='191027' date='May 3 2008, 02:48 AM']I knew you'd be on that, Nik! :)[/quote]
Too right! My RBV is the bass find of the century as far as I'm concerned! I'd love another one but that'd just be greedy... wouldn't it??

[quote name='Toasted' post='191160' date='May 3 2008, 12:02 PM']So, RBV owners of basschat - what's the B like?[/quote]

Sounds very good so far in my bedroom ;D got a pre gig practice at 10am tomorrow morning- will report back afterwards.

All the strings sound really even and in series humbucking the B really shakes the room. So far, it's certainly on par with my DJ5 for low B-ness, maybe slightly better.

I'm still in love with the DJ5 neck, it's great and I've got mine setup perfectly- nice and low, my RBV isn't quite there yet as regards to setup but should be in the next couple of days.

[quote name='Toasted' post='191160' date='May 3 2008, 12:02 PM']So, RBV owners of basschat - what's the B like?[/quote]
The low B on mine's excellent, thought it was slightly better on the nickel-wound set of strings I had before the Galli strings I've got on it now..

I have owned two of these in the past (though not at the same time, as that'd just be greedy) and they were both great basses. I always found them to be more powerful than most passive basses, and the low Bs were "mos' righteous". Highly recommended.