Why become a member? ×

Akai Headrush E2

dandini

Im a newbie here but after advice/opinions.

Ive got a Yamaha BB614, plying through a Hartke combo via a POD Xt Live... which im happy with but want a better delay sound, something similar to Kings of leon....

Ive tried my guitarists Boss pedal and its great so ive thought about buying one but id like to spend a bit more and get something more flexible (and so I can loop my bass whilst playing keys).

my magic questions are;

Has anyone used on on teh bass
Was it good for you :)

Cheers

Dan

I got a DL4 for looping, but am thinking of buying an E2 anyway.

I think the DL4 and the E2 both have good features that the other doesn't - the DL4 has the play once (listen to Minus The Bear's Menos El Oso to see how useful that can be), as well as modulation sounds to loop with delay, and also the reverse/slow down feature. The E2 can undo bad loops, and I think may have a longer loop time (could be wrong?).

If I get an E2, I think I'd use it mostly for delay rather than looping, but I'll let you know if I get one, and how I find it :)

I've used an E2 a fair bit, never had any troubles with noise or anything.
Its great as far as I'm concerned, you won't get super long loop times out of them, 21 seconds i think it is for one loop to play over the top, with 16 seconds if you want to loop & layer it indefinitely.

You could spend more on other loopers like the Boss stuff or some rack stuff, but it all depends how serious you want the kit to be!

The first track on my personal myspace (link in my sig) is the E2 at work!

Si