Why become a member? ×

just wondering why Fender...

daz

[quote name='mrdreadful' post='1365394' date='Sep 7 2011, 04:06 PM']I think the Jazz with the split coils looks awesome... *shrug* but then I'm a bit of a newbie to bass so what do I know? :)[/quote]
If you like it that's all that matters.
You've got sh*t taste mind...... :)

• 3 weeks later...

i tried the blacktop 'jazz' yesterday, and I have to say, I was immensely disappointed. The first thing I noticed was that the neck pickup has almost no volume or tone at all when soloed, it just sounded terrible. All the sound and tone comes from the bridge pup, so I really don't get the point of the neck pup even being there to be honest.

The neck didn't feel nice to play, and it was rather unbalanced and neck heavy, which really shocked me, considering the quality of all the MiM fenders I have played.

Overall it stunk of something that really hadn't been thought through properly, and had then been built in a large rush to try and appeal to a market that doesn't really exist.

• 1 month later...

Ah, more infinite variations on the same old two basses :)

Yes, these "Blacktops" are a new range from the Fender Mexico stable, apparently. There's also the other new range just out from the same Chinese plant that makes the excellent quality Classic Vibe range of Squiers - Fender's "Modern Player" series. The one that looks of most interest there is the MP Jazz with the same twin jazz hum buckers as the BT Precision.

Confused? Bloody hell, I am!

I still think it's time they designed something new.

Rich. :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' timestamp='1320195818' post='1423749']
Ah, more infinite variations on the same old two basses :)

Confused? Bloody hell, I am!

I still think it's time they designed something new.

Rich. :)
[/quote]

They could design something new, and then redesign it, and then redesign that. Jobs, jobs, jobs ... However, I am glad to hear about the Modern Players series being made in the VM plant. Those Modern Players are nice-looking basses. Now, if they would just redesign them.

Edited by tedgilley