Why become a member? ×

FS - Guild B301 SB fretted plus original case 1978

sprocketflup

I bought this bass 7 - 8 years ago as more of an objet d-art than a playing axe really, subsequently it has sat in its case for most of that time.

Overall it is in very very good condition especially when you consider its age of 33 years, on the front there is a small dent on the lower fin which Ive pictured and a tiny pockmark near the jack plug, neither of which have penetrated the finish. on the back there is some buckle rash, again with no paint scratches. There are 2 small paint chips, one on the back and one on the rear edge near the strap button. Theres a couple of small dings on the back of the neck, and a chip to the very top edge of the back of the headstock.

The electrics crackle a bit as one would expect for a 33 year old bass, a cleverer man tha I could probs easily sort them out. Strings wise, I have no idea what they are but they were on it when i got it so a bit dull lol

The case. the original case on the inside is in excellent condition, on the outside there is evidence that it has done its job so is a little rough round the edges. Still perfectly functional, it was obviuosly built to last.

The bass also comes with its original Owners Manual, Warranty card and Registration book, and also the key for the case.

Taken from the Owners manual -
Model number B301SB
Serial Number 182783
Guild strings R400L (probably still on it :))

Im lookin for £400 posted, no trades at the moment. If anyone wants to come have a look and a nerdle Im based near Lyme Regis on the south coast.

Anyways, some pics

[quote name='gareth1982' post='1359873' date='Sep 2 2011, 01:52 PM']Absolutely lovely bass at a cracking price! I bet this isn't here come tea time (dinner time if you live south of Birmingham). Have a bump on me my friend.[/quote]

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='1359880' date='Sep 2 2011, 01:55 PM']Looks fantastic! I reckon the pots probably just need a bit of WD-40 and it'll be gr8 :)[/quote]

Many thanks both :)