Why become a member? ×

DHA DI-EQ

paul_5

I bought a DHA DI-EQ pedal from a fellow BCer and I absolutely love it.
I've tried all sorts of different pre's / DI boxes (Ampeg, Trace Elliot, MXR, EHX, Sansamp) and this is fast eclipsing the lot. The balanced DI out is super-clean, switchable between ground, lift and float, and the EQ is really musical.

Even though it's solid state it has a real warmth to it, and can do pretty much any clean tone you could imagine - everything from bright, blistering slap to old school thump and thud.

My best purchase all year (and there've been a few...). It's small enough to fit in a gig bag and can be powered by a 9v battery as well as a standard 9v Boss style adaptor, so it's ideal for jam nights / acoustic performances. I've even used it to play for a couple of shows and just gone straight into the PA and have always had a great tone.

Like all DHA products it's built like a tank, but much easier to operate. For £70 new it's a real no-brainer - I'll probably never go to a gig without it again.

Edited by Rich

+1
I had one from Dave Hall and I used it on a small tour earlier this year abroad. I didn't want to take backline and didn't trust what I may have had to use.
Used this straight to desks, fab clean signal and as said, very nice eq.

I use it for acoustic 6 string gigs as an outboard eq/volume/DI box too.
I can't believe how inexpensive these are, for what you get. Hand built, here in UK.

John

this has been my DI of choice for a while now. As you say, great wee box. Definately recommend.

[quote name='paul_5' post='1359363' date='Sep 1 2011, 11:46 PM']I bought a DHA DI-EQ pedal from a fellow BCer and I absolutely love it.
I've tried all sorts of different pre's / DI boxes (Ampeg, Trace Elliot, MXR, EHX, Sansamp) and this is fast eclipsing the lot. The balanced DI out is super-clean, switchable between ground, lift and float, and the EQ is really musical.

Even though it's solid state it has a real warmth to it, and can do pretty much any clean tone you could imagine - everything from bright, blistering slap to old school thump and thud.

My best purchase all year (and there've been a few...). It's small enough to fit in a gig bag and can be powered by a 9v battery as well as a standard 9v Boss style adaptor, so it's ideal for jam nights / acoustic performances. I've even used it to play for a couple of shows and just gone straight into the PA and have always had a great tone.

Like all DHA products it's built like a tank, but much easier to operate. For £70 new it's a real no-brainer - I'll probably never go to a gig without it again.[/quote]

[quote name='paul_5' post='1359363' date='Sep 1 2011, 11:46 PM']I bought a DHA DI-EQ pedal from a fellow BCer and I absolutely love it.

Like all DHA products it's built like a tank, but much easier to operate. For £70 new it's a real no-brainer - I'll probably never go to a gig without it again.[/quote]

Thanks for this.

I have had a few requests to add phantom power to the Di's and Eq's so I looked into it and I am testing a solution this week. If it works and all looks good so far, then I will add this to the design with a small additional cost to cover the extra labour and parts. They will still have the battery or power supply operation but there will be an additional switch to select phantom power.

I will offer an upgrade path for anyone with an existing Di or Eq as well, should be around £15 plus return postage, or maybe even a kit for those who can drill and solder.

it won't work with the valve range of pedals with Di's as most desks won't have the current required on their phantom power output to run the valves.

[quote name='DHA' post='1362970' date='Sep 5 2011, 03:40 PM']Thanks for this.

I have had a few requests to add phantom power to the Di's and Eq's so I looked into it and I am testing a solution this week. If it works and all looks good so far, then I will add this to the design with a small additional cost to cover the extra labour and parts. They will still have the battery or power supply operation but there will be an additional switch to select phantom power.

I will offer an upgrade path for anyone with an existing Di or Eq as well, should be around £15 plus return postage, or maybe even a kit for those who can drill and solder.

it won't work with the valve range of pedals with Di's as most desks won't have the current required on their phantom power output to run the valves.[/quote]

Legend!
Dave, will you post something on here to let folks know when the phantom power upgrade is available please?
Thanks again for a fab product.
John

[quote name='fatback' post='1365075' date='Sep 7 2011, 11:09 AM']Top class pedal and amazing value.

My only worry is the way the ground lift switch sticks out the side. I'm certain I'm going to break it off one day.

Dave, any chance it could be recessed or protected in some way?[/quote]

That's my only concern too...

[quote name='fatback' post='1365075' date='Sep 7 2011, 11:09 AM']Top class pedal and amazing value.

My only worry is the way the ground lift switch sticks out the side. I'm certain I'm going to break it off one day.

Dave, any chance it could be recessed or protected in some way?[/quote]

Not really been an issue so far, as mine's on a board, but I see your point. Rotary switch on top maybe?

Edited by paul_5

[quote name='paul_5' post='1365126' date='Sep 7 2011, 12:01 PM']Not really been an issue so far, as mine's on a board, but I see your point. Rotary switch on top maybe?[/quote]

might be able to move it to the top. There will be another switch when phantom power is added.

[quote name='oldslapper' post='1363714' date='Sep 6 2011, 07:52 AM']Legend!
Dave, will you post something on here to let folks know when the phantom power upgrade is available please?
Thanks again for a fab product.
John[/quote]

the bits have arrived so I will try it tomorrow.

[quote name='DHA' post='1365718' date='Sep 7 2011, 08:27 PM']the bits have arrived so I will try it tomorrow.[/quote]

I have a phantom power solution for the DHA-DI and the DHA-DI-EQ. Was not quite as simple as I had hoped as there is a current limit on phantom power outputs which the DI-EQ was over. So I had to modify the circuit to draw less current which includes switching the power on led off when phanton power is selected as it just draws to much.

I will be fitting this as an option from now on and hence increasing the price of these versions by £15.

I can mod existing pedals at £15 plus return postage which will be £4.25 for the UK.

[quote name='DHA' post='1366705' date='Sep 8 2011, 05:29 PM']I have a phantom power solution for the DHA-DI and the DHA-DI-EQ. Was not quite as simple as I had hoped as there is a current limit on phantom power outputs which the DI-EQ was over. So I had to modify the circuit to draw less current which includes switching the power on led off when phanton power is selected as it just draws to much.

I will be fitting this as an option from now on and hence increasing the price of these versions by £15.

I can mod existing pedals at £15 plus return postage which will be £4.25 for the UK.[/quote]

Pictures please!!! you might have a new customer to replace my sansamp!!.. The phantom power is a life saver option

[quote name='algmusic' post='1367744' date='Sep 9 2011, 03:26 PM']Pictures please!!! you might have a new customer to replace my sansamp!!.. The phantom power is a life saver option[/quote]

its the same as the DHA-DI-EQ but with an extra switch on the side. Will add it to the web site tomorrow.

Dave

[quote name='algmusic' post='1367744' date='Sep 9 2011, 03:26 PM']Pictures please!!! you might have a new customer to replace my sansamp!!.. The phantom power is a life saver option[/quote]

Phantom power version is now on the website - [url="http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/page42.html"]http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/page42.html[/url]

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='1368692' date='Sep 10 2011, 04:31 PM']Only had a quick look as on way to a gig, but will it drive a power amp and also send a sep di to the desk?[/quote]

the unbalanced line out will drive a power amp and the balanced Di is designed to feed a desk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...