Why become a member? ×

EBAY FEES HOW MUCH?

paul j h

As far as I'm aware it's now a straight 10% fee based on the final amount, THEN your paypal fee...

What bumps it up is all the little extras, reserve price, buy it now, extra pics, initial listing fee etc:

Try Gumtree or even Preloved for a couple of weeks first. It's free and you can put pics on too. Bit of a pain though waiting for folks 'not' to turn up!

Work on an assumed 15% overall (including PayPal) and you won't be far wrong.

WARNING WARNING! DANGER DANGER!

By the time you get your eBay invoice, you'll long since have forgotten how much you'd already worked out it would be for, and you will be appalled, shocked and appalled, at how big the bill is.

Just saying ...

[quote name='Westie9' post='1359589' date='Sep 2 2011, 10:35 AM']

As far as I'm aware [b]it's now a straight 10% fee based on the final amount[/b], THEN your paypal fee...

What bumps it up is all the little extras, reserve price, buy it now, extra pics, initial listing fee etc:

Try Gumtree or even Preloved for a couple of weeks first. It's free and you can put pics on too. Bit of a pain though waiting for folks 'not' to turn up![/quote]

There's a maximum fee. Can't remember what though.

[quote name='ezbass' post='1359656' date='Sep 2 2011, 11:20 AM']Since evilbay made paypal a compulsory payment option (and I'm pretty sure their selling fees are higher than they used to be too) I only buy stuff from there. Sell it here or maybe Gumtree.[/quote]

I agree they made it compulsary to offer it.

I make it pick up only and put 'cash on collection preffered' in the text.

If the punter pays by PayPal, you have no option but to accept and some do because of the buyer protection.

I have not been scammed as yet, but it is only a matter of time!

I don't like using eBay to sell, but sometimes you just have too :)