Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Bass Floor PodXT Live (what a mouthful!) Opinions?

tylerlangan

Evenin' to the bass-playing world!

Just wondering if anyone has one of these?

I started getting a mega craving for one after hearing the sound clips and whatnot on their website, and after pricing up several pedals that I was after (and getting to a number wayyyy North of £600! including a pedal-board) it just seemed like this has them all modelled and I've loved the normal bass Pod's that they make (used them a few times in the studio)

I was just wondering if anyone has/uses one?
And what they reckon to using it live or in the studio (or both??)
I seem to remember agesss ago on BW there was a topic or two about them so if anyone could hit me up with some advice it'd be much obliged! =D

I've got a zoom b2 at the moment and havent really been bowled over with the quality of the fx (they're not bad though) I was just wondering how much of a step up in quality the line6 is?

Thanks in advance!

Tyler

[quote name='tylerlangan' post='15787' date='Jun 11 2007, 06:12 PM']Evenin' to the bass-playing world!

Just wondering if anyone has one of these?

I started getting a mega craving for one after hearing the sound clips and whatnot on their website, and after pricing up several pedals that I was after (and getting to a number wayyyy North of £600! including a pedal-board) it just seemed like this has them all modelled and I've loved the normal bass Pod's that they make (used them a few times in the studio)

I was just wondering if anyone has/uses one?
And what they reckon to using it live or in the studio (or both??)
I seem to remember agesss ago on BW there was a topic or two about them so if anyone could hit me up with some advice it'd be much obliged! =D
I've got a zoom b2 at the moment and havent really been bowled over with the quality of the fx (they're not bad though) I was just wondering how much of a step up in quality the line6 is?

Thanks in advance!

Tyler[/quote]

IMHO, you get what you pay for. This is certainly true about the Line 6 stuff versus Zoom. We're their recent remake, I did expect a larger amount of quality after being very disappointed with the poor quality products they had made in the past. But after hearing about a guitar and bass version being used at a gig on Friday, I was sorely disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, they do a decent job, especially for the money.

I myself have been quite impressed by the Line 6 stuff. I until recently got on very nicely with the XT Live (I only sold it because I wanted a smaller portable solution and got a EBS Microbass). TBH, I think you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between a real rig and the Line 6 going through a good PA in a live situation. Even then, if you wanted backline, all you would need is a poweramp/cab setup.

The only bad thing I can think about it (apart from a squeaky volume/wah pedal which seems to be common but easily fixable) is that it is so vast and that you have so many options. I do prefer something slightly more straight forward, but saying that it is still quite easy to use. If you are a tone freak, you will love the XT Live.

FROM WHAT I HAVE READ The General Consensus seems to be that if its good quility effects Then look at the Boss GT6B, But if your into the Modelling side of things, Then the Line6 is your best bet.
Same old, have a bash. Edited by ste_m3