Why become a member? ×

8ohm cabs

theotherphiljones

[quote name='chris_b' post='1348298' date='Aug 22 2011, 07:33 PM']A 610 will almost always be 4 ohm. Why would you want to have an 8 ohm 610?[/quote]

To be totally correct it will actually be 5.3-ohms. No matter how you try to configure six by 4, 8, 16 or 32-ohm speakers it will always come out at 5.3-ohms. It' s the laws of physics.

[quote name='doomed' post='1348347' date='Aug 22 2011, 08:10 PM']Matamp have a couple of 8ohm 6x10's, they are on the Bay at the moment, I bought one about 2 months ago from them, well pleased with it.[/quote]

What is the impedance of the individual drivers?

[quote name='doomed' post='1348365' date='Aug 22 2011, 08:20 PM']12 as far as i know, at least thats what was quoted in the thread about them on here, 8ohm and 2400w handling.[/quote]

That works out 3 in parallel gives 4-ohms

Two sets in series gives 8-ohms.

Means nothing to me lol :-), it says 8 on the jack plate so that's what i've been running the OBT at with it nothings gone bang yet so i'm assuming it must be 8, i may be wrong about the 12 individual rating though, Tayste had a thread somewhere about the cabs, they were available in either 8 or 2 ohm rating, i'll see if i can find it & check the ratings.
Found it,
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=105596&hl=matamp+6x10"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...;hl=matamp+6x10[/url]

Here's a pic of the plate, dunno if it helps any though?,

Edited by doomed

ahhh. i may be missing something here then. pretty new to this ohms game. just got an old wt800 with a D410XST. trying to get another cab so i can leaved one at a studio and leave one at home. pretty heavy beast this cab i got and my back will not thank me shifting around too much. also trying to get my head around the inputs from amp to cab etc. like i say, i'm used to newer gear which i just plugged in with no thought. i do have a trace 2x10 which says 8ohm which would be fine for home but currently the eden is connected via some prongy (tech talk) things rather than the jack. there is a jack input in the amp which i was told would cut the power by half or something. any advice from owners or more knowledgable folk would be most appreciated. just don't want to blow the amp. cheers guys (with an embarassed vacant stare :)