Why become a member? ×

I think I have seen the greatest bass in the world!

merello

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' post='1349432' date='Aug 23 2011, 08:42 PM']That sounds dangerously close to Entwistle bashing, we don't take kindly to that round these parts... :)[/quote]

Would I? Naah, just pointing out some possibly dual standards, but hey, it was the 70s, it was rock, roll and excess all round...it's like they only invented volume controls which went anti-clockwise in 80s... :)

The thread does contrast nicely with the one about ear protection, though: "Me, use Etymotics? Nope, I just move to the other side of the stage when he picks up the 8-string..." :lol:

[quote name='Muzz' post='1347738' date='Aug 22 2011, 12:10 AM']I've just been reading that page, when one of the stupidest things I've seen in a while jumped out at me: "The bass was so loud on stage The Who and their road crew used to vacate my side of the stage whenever I played it."

A. It's the amp, not the bass, John.
B. Turn it down a bit, John.

:lol:

If that had come from a guitarist, I know what I'd be calling him... :)[/quote]
I always thought Entwhistle was a guitarist :)

Everyone that likes John and Basses should def buy [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bass-Culture-Entwistle-Collection-Guitar/dp/1860745938"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bass-Culture-Entwi...r/dp/1860745938[/url]

I pick it up every few months and drool over most (not all) of his collection :)

[quote name='merello' post='1349415' date='Aug 23 2011, 08:28 PM']Just thinking back the the BBC rock star documentary when Townsend was asked where his aggressive rhthym style came from and he said, 'When I realised I was not the lead guitarist in the band!'[/quote]

Thats right, they had a lead Drummer :)

Damn it The Who are THE best. (Gets the emotions going every time)

A