Why become a member? ×

SHUKER 4 STRING JAZZ SOLD PENDING

CHARLIE-BROWNE

Hi all

I am a rhythm guitarist and last year dipped my toe into the bass scene as fancied a crossover opportunity - I have enjoyed it but now find myself back in the rhythm guitarist slot in the band line up - as such I am not playing 'da bass' these days so tentatively wondering whether I should keep hold of the basses I have. One is a Fender Plyte in mint condition which,as a female is probably more suitable for me (if not such a good quality instrument admittedly) so I think I will hang on to that. The other is this Shuker bass that I bought last year from a really helpful, nice, knowledegable player who was having another Shuker built so found this one surplus to requirements

It is almost mint with just a little pick guard swirling and pick marking; I can hardly find a mark anywhere else

Best to take a look at the pics....... :lol: Its nice isnt it!? :)

I am wondering what its worth and am not desparate to sell; however I AM a realist and know a) how much these are to buy new and :D that folk are a little cashstrapped these days so am prepared to be sensible but not in a desparate kind of way as I know these are sought after instruments

Anyway Enough from me - here she is.... any other info give me a holler! or any offers then reply here or PM me whichever you prefer! :)

Edited by CHARLIE-BROWNE

[quote name='oldslapper' post='1347552' date='Aug 21 2011, 09:24 PM']I've played this bass and confirm its a beaut![/quote]

thanks for the plaudit!

Here is some more tech spec from an email I have found from the original and first owner>>>>>>>>>>

Hi
I found the original spec, which is below detailed below it doesn't mention the Villex boost gizmo. The Lowinder pickups are on his web site, they are the Fat Jazz type,I believe Lowinder are an off shoot of Bare knuckle pick ups, who are an English company down Devon way I think, he is a distributor, they are certainly very punchy.

Shuker Spec. from his email

4 string J bass

34" scale
20 fret
maple neck
maple board
black block inlays
black side dots
medium frets
polyurethane lacquer
two way truss rod
carbon fibre reinforcement
bone nut
gotoh tuners

swamp ash body
polyester basecoat
gloss topcoat
black scratchplate
Lowwinder pickups
chrome hardware
gotoh bridge

[
Hi all

Lots of requests via PM and on here for a price and whereabouts in the world I am so........

I am in North East Lincolnshire not a million miles away from Grimsby so can get to various service stations in Doncaster Leeds Sheffield Hull and so forth with ease

Price wise I am thinking of pitching at £799 and see where we go from there - new Shukers in this style are between £1400-£1600 and there is one on the site at present for £2500

I may just may consider a 6 string trade but it would have to be a nice one and a good deal :) as I need some cash out of the deal or there is no point selling it!