Why become a member? ×

Disney's Hercules Soundtrack - who played bass?

cureswhatailsye

I've been listening to the soundtrack from Disney's Hercules and transcribing a couple of tunes and there is some amazing playing on it.

I know it's Disney and potentially soul-less, but the songs by Alan Menken and performances (by Jocelyn Brown in particular) are great if you're into soul/gospel.

To the main point - does anyone have any idea which players may be on this? I assume it's probably more than one but can't find album credits anywhere.

Enjoy if you've never listened to it before. The spotify URI is spotify:album:79xGkf1594kBEtCIaL6yKj.

:)

• 3 months later...

I was about to post a similar question! Alan Menken also did the soundtrack for "Little shop of horrors". The bass style sounds similar to the Herc soundtrack. To my ears it sounds a bit like a Stingray...? Doesn't sound like Abe to me... but does sound a bit like Stubenhaus. Surely someone must know?!

[youtube][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RRh-g-CC8g"]6RRh-g-CC8g[/url][youtube/]

Edited by Conan