Why become a member? ×

DIY Garage Scrap Bass

SirChewey

Hi Guys, thought I would share this with you. I was quite bored and have been suffering from GAS lately so made my own bass to tide myself over and have something new to play with. Check out the link below. Would be great to hear what others have made and demo them on the tube of you. Look forward to hearing them
[u][color="#800080"][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZWc6SKAE5c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZWc6SKAE5c[/url][/color][/u]

Edited by SirChewey

Really chuckled at the screwdrivers rammed through the headstock haha, great little build, nice one! Just goes to show that you can make use of pretty much anything to make something useful! Reminds me I've got some wood (nice wood aswell!) from a year or so ago for building a neck for a cigar box bass, I've still not gotten round to that. Perhaps that's a project to reawaken!

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1313383441' post='1340268']
Drat, you sound better on a block of wood than I do on my £100 fretless

Great stuff I now have for a bit of 3x2 pine....
[/quote]
HAHA, bollocks do I. Go sort out your :) in a neighbours skip and post up a link with a little funktitude - I wanna hear a rendition of Captain Planet!!

[quote name='Vibrating G String' timestamp='1320662972' post='1429461']
Mancini would be proud.
[/quote]

Thats far too much general knowledge you have - It's amazing what you can fit in a G String :)

Besides....

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1313383441' post='1340268']
Drat, you sound better on a block of wood than I do on my £100 fretless

Great stuff I now have for a bit of 3x2 pine....
[/quote]

Where's our rendition of Captain Planet??? - I have been egging myself into playing a funked up Inspector Gadget personally but will this require the manufacture of a MkII to give the piece a little more justice?? :)

• 4 weeks later...