Why become a member? ×

Bass Bash - Confirmed gear list?

KevB

Is there a list available yet of gear that will [b]definitely[/b] be there? From memory it is not a big room and if there are 50 precisions there it seems a bit pointless to me. If we can generate a list so that possible 'gaps' can be filled in rather than lots of duplication on the day it would make more sense to me - thoughts anyone?

There'll be plenty of room for basses, but try and being a softcase if you can. A stack of hardcases will be a pain in the rear. Make sure you bring a stand too !

Regarding amps. it'd be pointless anyone bringing anything more than a practise amp/small rig. Mega sized rigs are just going to clutter the room up and be overkill. The room is about 10m square, so please consider if you really need to bring that extra cab / bass / kitchen sink with you.

Oh yes - i'm bringing (probably sharing rig with tonyf)

Ashdown ABM300 + MAG210
Musicman Stingray

OK, I've had a quick scout through the main B/Bash thread and this appears to be the bass list so far (apologies to anyone I've missed):
[i](deep breath)[/i]

Musicman StingRay
Lakland Darryl Jones 4
Bongo 5 HS
Fender Precision with Wizard Thumper
Skuker 6 string headless
Status S2 6 string headless
Fender Jazz
Status S2 5 string headed
Lakky DJ4 with Fralins
Lakky Duck Dunn Dark Star
Stingray Status 5 with Nordstrand
Status Groove
Status Retroactive
Fender MiM Jazz with Wizard 84's
Lakky Bob Glaub
Fender 75 Mocha P-Bass
Fender 80'sMIJ Precision with Wizard Thumper and Villex booster
Shuker J-5
Wal Pro IIE x2
Wal Pro1 (converted to Custom)
Ibanez DWB3
Fender US Deluxe Jazz
Aria custom shop upright (maybe)
Lakland 44-02D
Encore/Precision/Jazz Build
Shuker Upright (maybe)
GB Spitfire
Roscoe Beck V
Jaydee Roadie
G & L ASAT
Rickenbacker 4001 1973
GB standard 4
Status S2
Stagg EUB
Shuker P5
Shuker Modern 5
SX P-bass
Fodera
Warwick JD Thumb
Warwick JD Thumb fretless
Tsai 5-string
ACG Recurve 4,
ACG Harlot fretless 4
Status Kingbass
Fender 1959 P Bass
Modulus Oteil 6 string
Fender Performer
Manson Kestrel
Sadowsky UV70 5
Modulus Q4
Conklin GT-7
Aria TSB-400 with Kahler Trem
Aria SB-900 (or possibly SB-1000 Frankenfretless)
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz
Warwick Streamer Stage One 4 String
Warwick Streamer LX 5 String
Ibanez SR506
Chapman Stick (10-string)
Yamaha fretless with Quarterpounder pickup
RIM Custom 5
Warwick '87 Warwick Streamer
Celinder Update P
Celinder Update J
Musicman Cutlass 1
Pedulla Pentabuzz (with Alembic pickups)
ESP B-254
G&L L2500
SX Jazz
Schecter Stiletto Studio 4
Peavey Grind 6
MM Stingray with Nordstrand and John East pre
'74 Fender Precision
RIM 6 fretless
RIM Singlecut 5 jAzz
Iceni/Shuker hybrid bass!
1984 BC Rich Eagle
Fender Jazz V deluxe
Yamaha Attitude LTD 1

After a booking for band didn't follow through with a deposit, the chances are that I can probably make it. Normally I would bring the Smiths but this time I figure on bringing a selection which is a little different.

Celinder Update P (ex Flanker)
Celinder Update J (ex Flanker)
Musicman Cutlass 1
Pedulla Pentabuzz (with Alembic pickups)

I would bring more but don't have enough stands.

Potentially amp-wise - 100w all valve Burman Pro4000 (because its relatively low power and has two channels) and EBS Neo212. I would bring the V8 but I believe someone has already offered?

I'm looking forward to trying Johns headless Shuker as some indication of what I can expect with my own and the Modulus Oteil 6 because I've loved the sound of every Modulus Quantum I've ever heard except for the two I've actually owned.

If anyone plans on bringing a 70's Jazz and Precision, I wouldn't mind A/Bing them against the Celinders just for shits and giggles.

Will be bringing the G&L L2500 as well as the converted Wal Pro1.

Amp wise I was intending bringing the Markbass 121H combo as it is small & light (though not necessarily the quietest of combos :huh: )

I also have the old Marshall Superbass 100 head that I could bring along, but no cab, so unless there is to be a "vintage" section & a spare cab there may be no point in that.

It is an old hand wired plexi believed to be from around '67/68. I had it overhauled, revalved & biased a little over a year ago & #2 son has been using it as a guitar amp since. Not in the greatest nick on the outside, but still sounds huge.

EDIT: Could add the BOD xt & some phones & use the IEM transmitter as a headphone amp for multiple quiet listens I 'spose

Nik - we're going to need a bigger [s]boat[/s] minibus :)

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='Rich' post='154498' date='Mar 10 2008, 01:15 PM']OK, I've had a quick scout through the main B/Bash thread and this appears to be the bass list so far (apologies to anyone I've missed):
[i](deep breath)[/i]

Musicman StingRay
(snip or the quote would be massive!)
Warwick '87 Warwick Streamer[/quote]
Bloody hell, good work Rich! Cheers :)

Would anyone be interested in my beaten up old stingray that has had a Nordstrand PU and John East pre fitted so people can A-B it against either modern rays or all original old ones?
Also didn't spot any short scale Gibsons or Epi's - surely someone's got an SG or clone of one kicking about? I'd quite like a go on one.

Edited by KevB

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='154506' date='Mar 10 2008, 01:25 PM']If anyone plans on bringing a 70's Jazz and Precision, I wouldn't mind A/Bing them against the Celinders just for shits and giggles.[/quote]

I'll be bringing my '74 Fender Precision unless another 50 or so turn up... lol

I'll also be bringing my EBS MicroBass II if anyone is interested.

[quote name='tauzero' post='154639' date='Mar 10 2008, 03:43 PM']I think I'll bring a GK 200MB and a pair of headphones. And perhaps a Digitech BP200 and another pair of headphones...[/quote]
Good call... I'll bring a Dodgytech BP80 and some cans...

[quote name='KevB' post='154626' date='Mar 10 2008, 03:29 PM']Would anyone be interested in my beaten up old stingray that has had a Nordstrand PU and John East pre fitted so people can A-B it against either modern rays or all original old ones?[/quote]
My Cutlass might fit the bill. Sounds a bit harder than a stingray tho.

Good idea for a thread and well done Rich!

As well as my Roscoe Beck V and Wal Pro 2e, I'll bring my 1984 BC Rich Eagle and Fender Jazz V deluxe i anyone's interested?

Will bring the Zoom B2 1.u + phones as well.. But am happy to bring my Gallien Krueger 700RB and Peavey 410 TVX (or 210 TX) if anyone wants to hear those combinations.. Though I guess there'll be a surplus of amazing rigs there!

Happy to also bring along my Sony digital HDD camcorder along to document some of the day's events, for posterity and general amusement purposes of course!! :)