Why become a member? ×

Ashdown customer service.

Benplaysbass

Absolutely brilliant, that good infact that I had to mention it on here. I had bought my Mag c410t combo from euroguitar (online) out here in France. It didn't come with a power lead. This wasn't much of a problem as its just a kettle lead. But I sent Ashdown an email asking if one should come with the amp, to which they replied yes one should. Didn't get much joy from the firm I bought it as they thought I was talking about a speaker lead. (My french isn't that bad). But Guy at Ashdown said no probs we'll send you a power lead. So today a package turns up with a french(eu) power lead and a normal UK power lead....All free of charge. They even answer all your emails, some of which were out of hours. All I can say is 'Two thumbs up' good gear and a great bunch of guys.

[quote name='CPBassman' post='1335569' date='Aug 10 2011, 07:51 PM']Guy is superb and Mark Gooday is a gent. Used the service dept direct. Very impressive service for a worlwide company. Amps are great too, i will return one day[/quote]

When my MAG400 broke(!) a knob I emailed them asking where I could buy an identical one. They sent me one free unasked. Brill!!

G.

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1335777' date='Aug 10 2011, 09:57 PM']I asked if I could buy a new dial for my Peacemaker 20 (guitar amp) but got no reply.

It's the same dial used on all their amps so I thought I would be able to get one from them.

Sadly not :)[/quote]

Try asking Hayen, they cover the guitar stuff now.

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1335612' date='Aug 10 2011, 08:11 PM']On the other side of the coin here... I sent them an email as a prospective customer as opposed to an existing one, asking a couple of questions about their cabinets, only for it to to be ignored :)[/quote]

Ive asked them loads of questions over the years, they have never failed to answer and always very quickly

• 9 months later...

Had a pretty old Electric Blue 150 come in for repair. Missing a output jack nut, which were slightly different to the ones I had, in stock, emailed Ashdown Tuesday, and the guy collected his fixed amp today. Seriously good service, and no charge for the part.

As a shop we've always found them to be very obliging, considering the amount of Ashdown we sell we get very little back anyway, but they've always been helpful and quick to turn stuff round. They're doing a 5 year warranty on quite a bit of their stuff now as well.

• 4 months later...

MB1.
Again can't say enough about Ashdowns Excellent customer service!
I was only after some screws and caps and from my initial phone call
they were in my postbox a couple of days later.excellent top notch service
from Mark and Guy.
Many Thanks
Martin.

I've had great advice and help from guy with my newbie questions. He's been great and always answered my emails , even when I felt a bit guilty and just filled out their Internet question page trying not to bother him. .... So much so I've bought myself a Lorenzo pedal and my mag rig ... Well happy :-)

• 9 years later...

Have to say I’ve been very impressed by their customer service.

Sent the amp section of my NEO combo to them for repair/service on Monday, which they received yesterday. Notified today that they’d  fixed it and it’s on its way back to me, delivery sometime today!  
Always found Mark and both Dave’s  helpful. 
A lot of companies could learn a thing or two about looking after your customers from these guys. 

I had a power supply go on an Ashdown combo a few years ago now. It was a couple of weeks or so out of warranty so a local repair man checked it out for me.

I contacted Ashdown and they sent me a foc psu no quibble. The didn't want the dead psu back either.

Excellent service in my book.

Edited by alant