Why become a member? ×

So what next...

Muzz

OK, so I've sold my Ray, and the Jazz is on the way out, and I've even got a small windfall coming shortly, so normally I'd be rubbing hands and trying to decide which of my top three wants I shoudl go for, but...I'm lacking any real enthusiasm for a replacement. I'm after a P/J-sounding quality instrument with a maple board and a Jazz-width neck, but I'm just not seeing anything I fancy. Been through the Bass Direct/Gallery stuff, and nowt's speaking to me. I'm enjoying the Fortress and the FrankenPs I have, but they're all compromised in one way or another, so it's not like I'm completely sorted.

Very strange position to be in. Anyone else have a disturbing lack of GAS? :)

I'm in the same situation, finally decided on the 3 for me....the jazz, the '76 precision and the status 5'er. Amp wise, I've never been happier and my pedal board is sounding as I want it. I've never been in this GAS free situation before. Feels kinda odd but the bank will be looking healthier. Browsing the BC classifieds isn't really inducing any gas...though an Orange AD200 would be lovely.

Depending on how much cash you have, you could always kill a few hundred from your pot and get yourself a project until you find something that floats ya boat. I've always found that having something with an unknown sound to work on always keeps me busy. Get yourself a cheepy PJ body get yourself some ebay bargain necks, crazy how some go for sod all. Amazing how some necks and bodies work and some dont at all even if they are matched. You can pick up some oddball pickups and see what happens. Just an idea though, I love doing that sort of thing and sometimes you can get some awesome sounds and tones coming out that can be inspirational that you'd be hard pushed to find off the shelf - just takes a little bit of time and effort but would certainly keep you ocupied. If not then def keep your pennies, you'll see something soon enough.

[quote name='SirChewey' post='1333889' date='Aug 9 2011, 05:56 PM']Just came across this in my daily grind, may or may not be something you want...

[url="http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1034038303/1285077e.html"]LINK TO BASS[/url][/quote]

Is that a real one?

Edit: sorry that hijacks the thread :)

I have GAS at the moment but no money :)

Edited by Blademan_98