Why become a member? ×

Anyone tried SIT strings recently?

molan

I wondered if anyone here had used any of the SIT string range?

[url="http://sitstrings.com/strings/bass"]http://sitstrings.com/strings/bass[/url]

I did a quick search but the last time this seemed to come up was back in '08 & it seemed distribution was pretty sparse.

SIT strings are long lasting and have are not that expensive. I use their Power Round Nickels on a couple of my basses. You can purchase them from www.juststrings.com, who does ship internationally. They make just about any type of bass strings you want, even from 12 string to piccolo, steel, nickel, half wounds, flats. And no, I do not work for them, but I do appreciate people who make quality products that do not cost a fortune to buy.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1335998' date='Aug 11 2011, 06:56 AM']I believe his current arrangement with SIT is that he can retail the strings to his bass customers, but not to the general public.[/quote]
That's a pity and somewhat short-sighted of SIT since from what I can see they don't appear to have any other UK presence.

While Just Strings do ship internationally, when I've used them in the past they haven't been particularly prompt and the method they use to send them means that the packages (no matter how small) arrive in the UK by Parcel Force who have a much higher customs clearance fee than normal Royal Mail packets, so they are not particularly good VFM.

Maybe the OP should contact SIT and see what they recommend.

BTW they don't suit every bass - my Gus basses sound much better with La Bella Hard Rockin Steels - but they are pretty good on my Reverend Rumblefish and I'll be giving them a go on my Yamaha BJ 5B when I next change the strings on it.

Edited by BigRedX

I will have a word with them and see if the situation has changed which might allow me to sell to a wider audience. I have tried in the past to get the UK dealership for the bass strings but they need someone who can go round shops pushing the strings and also deal with the guitar strings as well.

[quote name='molan' post='1335554' date='Aug 10 2011, 07:41 PM']Interesting - thanks guys.

I read a review somewhere that said they genuinely do seem to Stay In Tune once fitted & stretched in etc.

I'll do some digging on the range options :)[/quote]

They sound interesting, so would like to know more...but... this point about strings staying in tune..?? what is that all about.??
Is the suggestion that strings go slack on their own..?? hmmm.
That would be duff strings IMV.

I have had a few issues with strings lately and have posted as such, but never the string losing tune ..just like that..!!

[quote name='skelf' post='1336192' date='Aug 11 2011, 10:30 AM']I will have a word with them and see if the situation has changed which might allow me to sell to a wider audience. I have tried in the past to get the UK dealership for the bass strings but they need someone who can go round shops pushing the strings and also deal with the guitar strings as well.[/quote]
Surely a limited UK presence for the bass strings selling by mail order to those in the know is better than no presence at all?

Hi
I can now supply SIT strings to anyone that is looking for them.

The strings I use on my own basses are the Powerwound Nickel sets in 130/125 105 85 65 45 30.
I also stock the ERB string sets from 165 to 007.

If you are looking for something different let me know and I can get them including guitar sets.

Alan

Edited by skelf

[quote name='skelf' post='1337788' date='Aug 12 2011, 03:39 PM']I have just ordered a set to try myself. So if you want some let me know and I can add them to the order I have just plaecd.[/quote]
Alan, I'll go for that if I may. Could you order me a 5-string Silencer set (45-120) for the Recurve, please?

[quote name='skelf' post='1338505' date='Aug 13 2011, 10:21 AM']Ok I have some pricing now.

4 string set will be £17.50
5 string set will be £21.50
6 string set will be £23.50[/quote]
Is it the same price regardless of "range" (round, flat, nickel, steel whatever)? Or is that just for the nickel rounds?