Why become a member? ×

el diablo naranja

Doctor J

This took a while, I think I got the body seven or eight years ago. Between one thing and another I finally got to get stuck in a few weeks ago and here it is in all it's orange glory. The pic doesn't do it justice at all, if you imagine what radioactive fanta would look like... there you go. I'll take better pics tomorrow in daylight.

The specs: one piece ash body painted migraine inducing orange
Mightymite one piece maple neck which I spent a lot of time rolling the fretboard edges and got the frets nice and level so it sets up really well, it's very comfy indeed
Dimarzio ultra jazzz pickups, bridge pickup in the 70's position
Noll TCM3 pre - controls are vol & blend on knob 1, bass & treble cut and boost on knob 2 and mid cut and boost and passive tone control on knob 3, which is activated by push/pull on knob 1. There's a lot going on under the plate.

I'm quite chuffed, it plays very nicely indeed and sounds just right.

Edited by Doctor J

You should see it in real life, man, you'll need some goggles to protect your eyes :)

It sounds really nice, I'm genuinely delighted with how it turned out. Got an old set of strings on it while it all settles down, will string it up with new ones soon and really see what it can do. The neck is pretty decent, seems stable enough and it's taken a good setup so it's all good so far.