Why become a member? ×

Which combo for med size gigs

Smash

Hi all which do you think is the best option:

Genz Benz STL3.0-10T - Pros: Removable head can be used for other larger cabs - Cons: Probably can't cope with med gig
Markbass CMD121P - Pros: More powerful unit - Cons: head is not removable

Any thought?

Ta

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='153241' date='Mar 7 2008, 05:13 PM']My thoughts are you are going to struggle to get lightweight gear for that money unless you are playing really small venues.[/quote]

I thought people on here were doing small gigs with the Mark Bass 121P! which is £610

I already have my large rig but its just them gigs when you know there will be a smallish crowd.

[quote name='Smash' post='153250' date='Mar 7 2008, 05:29 PM']I thought people on here were doing small gigs with the Mark Bass 121P! which is £610

I already have my large rig but its just them gigs when you know there will be a smallish crowd.[/quote]

Are you playing with a drummer? If so, I personally wouldn't use something like that without an extension cab...

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='153257' date='Mar 7 2008, 05:37 PM']Are you playing with a drummer? If so, I personally wouldn't use something like that without an extension cab...[/quote]
Yes it would be, your probably right a single speaker maybe pushed in such a small box...

I use a Markbass 121P as my small rig for just the size of pub gigs you mentioned. I find that's it's plenty loud and I play rock and pop covers with a loud drummer and very loud guitarist.

I have another rig for larger gigs but I'm waiting for the new (smaller) Markbass 121 traveler cab to come onto the market. This new cab should be a similar size to the combo, hopefully making a nice lightweight and compact mini rig.

Combo for small gigs adding the second cab for larger gigs.

Frank