Why become a member? ×

SOLD Warwick Streamer Stage II 5 String

spacecowboy

Hi

Two questions:

1. Many Warwicks I've been interested in seem to have odd neck problems, most commonly a section between about the fifth fret and the nut where there is too much relief (i.e. that bit of the neck is bent forwards). How straight is the neck on this, especially in the lower regions?

2. Any idea what it weighs? I'm too old and crumbly to go prancing about with 12lb basses round my neck...

Cheers!

Dave

Wow. I've known Ben to be the ultimate Warwick aficionado for years - this is going to be a good one! If I could buy a Warwick from anyone it would be him!

Good luck with the sale. I'm loving my 5string Streamer!

[quote name='Wiggybass' post='1335053' date='Aug 10 2011, 02:18 PM']Hi

Two questions:

1. Many Warwicks I've been interested in seem to have odd neck problems, most commonly a section between about the fifth fret and the nut where there is too much relief (i.e. that bit of the neck is bent forwards). How straight is the neck on this, especially in the lower regions?

2. Any idea what it weighs? I'm too old and crumbly to go prancing about with 12lb basses round my neck...

Cheers!

Dave[/quote]

[b]Hi Dave my apologies in reply, the neck is perfectly straight of my numerous Warwicks i haven't experienced the problem you described, worst thing i have had is a Stage II 4 string with a sharp 2nd fret. This one has no buzz anywhere on the neck and a superbly balanced B string range.

As for the weight i really don't know :) more than a jazz and less than a thumb! but in all seriousness it isn't a heavy bass and it isn't a featherweight, are you able to get a hold of any model of streamer to test the weight? its no more than the LX and Jazzman's i owned[/b]

[quote name='Mike' post='1335427' date='Aug 10 2011, 06:25 PM']Wow. I've known Ben to be the ultimate Warwick aficionado for years - this is going to be a good one! If I could buy a Warwick from anyone it would be him!

Good luck with the sale. I'm loving my 5string Streamer![/quote]

[b]Thanks Mike, as always the gentleman![/b]

[quote name='fernandobicho' post='1335960' date='Aug 11 2011, 01:02 AM']Hello
What's the string distance at the bridge? In the pictures it seems more than the usual 18mm.....
thank you. Regards[/quote]

[b]Hi There, its a standard string spacing, no custom broadnecks here, i have included a couple of shots to show the bridge and nut better. [/b]