Why become a member? ×

More P Basses

barks

[attachment=6232:my_P_basses001.JPG]

These are my '78 fretless with EMG pickups and my new US made '57 re-issue.
The fretless is pretty heavy but is a beast (in a good way) and the '57 is probably the bass I would keep if I could only have one. Still looking out for a nice old P Bass. Just not found the one yet.

Neil.

[quote name='barks' post='152573' date='Mar 6 2008, 06:20 PM'][attachment=6232:my_P_basses001.JPG]

These are my '78 fretless with EMG pickups and my new US made '57 re-issue.
The fretless is pretty heavy but is a beast (in a good way) and the '57 is probably the bass I would keep if I could only have one. Still looking out for a nice old P Bass. Just not found the one yet.

Neil.[/quote]

I dont know if its possible. but have you tried swapping the necks?

[quote name='beerdragon' post='152597' date='Mar 6 2008, 07:05 PM']I dont know if its possible. but have you tried swapping the necks?[/quote]

No I haven't tried that but I have wondered about getting a 70's fretted neck for the fretless to see how it sounds.

Neil.

two great looking basses there!

[quote name='beerdragon' post='152597' date='Mar 6 2008, 07:05 PM']I dont know if its possible. but have you tried swapping the necks?[/quote]

+1, that would look really good, and you would save having to buy a fretted neck like you said you were thinking....

[quote name='dmz' post='157024' date='Mar 13 2008, 09:11 PM']Very nice indeed !

Does the fretless have a "B" neck profile ? - looks a wee bit narrower than the 57.[/quote]

The fretless is narrower probably. Not sure if it's a B though. The '57 is pretty wide. Took some getting used to after a very skinny necked Warwick!