Why become a member? ×

Transatlantic Shipping

dc2009

Hi all,

Had some interest in my Warwick for sale (mini shameless plug) from LA. Anyone here got any experience of sending basses to the states, and what the cheapest/most efficient/safest etc way to do it is. I want quotes first as this isn't definite yet!

Thanks,
Dan

[quote name='dc2009' post='1315974' date='Jul 25 2011, 05:24 PM']Hi all,

Had some interest in my Warwick for sale (mini shameless plug) from LA. Anyone here got any experience of sending basses to the states, and what the cheapest/most efficient/safest etc way to do it is. I want quotes first as this isn't definite yet!

Thanks,
Dan[/quote]

Try these people based in Kings Langley.
Maybe not the cheapest but if a jobs worth doing etc

www.smaworldwide.com

[quote name='tarcher' post='1316020' date='Jul 25 2011, 05:47 PM']Try these people based in Kings Langley.
Maybe not the cheapest but if a jobs worth doing etc

www.smaworldwide.com[/quote]

Ugh - guy on the end of the phone had atrociously poor English, and told me that they only dealt with account holders, when I explained it was a singular item I was shipping and not a regular order, he just reiterated that they only deal with account holders - I asked whether they wanted my business or not and the guy seemed to err towards not. I would recommend avoiding this company in future!

Anyone else got any ideas?