Why become a member? ×

We supply - Stanley Clarke

TheGreek

When I listen to this it sounds really simple but for the life of me I can't get it down..can somebody tab this for me please??

I've included a video from YT of what sounds like the correct version (though the tone is terrible)..

• 1 year later...

the phrasing is quite tricky, and varies slightly between intro, and main riff, I have attempted to show the difference with (X), but tab isnt great for phrasing. And this is the first time I think I have ever written one.

G------------------------76
D----------------0557
A---------04X5
E-(X)05

I struggled with this riff for years, and made a big step forward when I could double thumb it, when I am playing it now sounds pretty close to me but I did record it recently and it was nowhere near as good on replay. I have no idea about the fills.

It's a pretty simple slap lick in E with slight variations, it changes when the drums come in.
The thing that makes it sound trickier from what I remember is that on the recording there are actually two basses playing it (Stanley & Louis Johnson).

Edited by RhysP