Why become a member? ×

Carry On My Wayward Son cover - LIVE VIDEO

BassTool

This was shot two nights ago on Friday 23rd July by local enthuiastic amateur Bernie in one of our local pubs in Sunderland, despite him being up close to us it's turned out quite well. You can see more of Bernies work on his 'berniewd40' you tube site :)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsIPDQzVd0Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsIPDQzVd0Y[/url]

:)

BassTool

Edited by BassTool

[quote name='BassTool' post='1314641' date='Jul 24 2011, 12:11 PM']This was shot two nights ago on Friday 23rd July by local enthuiastic amateur Bernie in one of our local pubs in Sunderland, despite him being up close to us it's turned out quite well. You can see more of Bernies work on his 'berniewd40' you tube site :)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsIPDQzVd0Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsIPDQzVd0Y[/url]

:D

BassTool[/quote]

Loved it, he did a really good job on both the sound and the vid. Hope you bought him a pint :).

Oggy :lol:

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1315227' date='Jul 24 2011, 10:07 PM']Great stuff!

I've posted a positive comment on youtube for that performance.[/quote]

Cheers for that :) We sent the sound straight out from the mixing desk wirelessly into his camera - it was a trial run that night - and as we now know it works, it means he can video from anywhere in the room without any variation in sound. He records in full HD and one of my mates has viewed it on a 50'' 1080 TV and listened through headphones and says it's like being at a gig :lol: Early days but we'll be trying again in the coming weeks to improve the visual aspect, the place was so busy he had to squeeze in at the front :)

...oh, and a couple of ambient mics for the crowd, too!

A band I was in did a live album once, but the ambient mics for the room didn't work. So, although the punters went mental after every song, the finished mix sounds like we're playing to a crowd of three. ha ha.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1315891' date='Jul 25 2011, 04:15 PM']...oh, and a couple of ambient mics for the crowd, too!

A band I was in did a live album once, but the ambient mics for the room didn't work. So, although the punters went mental after every song, the finished mix sounds like we're playing to a crowd of three. ha ha.[/quote]

Haha! Nice one WOT! Good point :) We've got ambient mics pencilled in for next time, otherwise it sounds like just the familly have turned out :lol: We also have an offer from a mate to do a three camera shoot with editing software so could get some canny results in future. Bernie loves to capture live bands and this is probably his most succesful result so far marrying vid and audio, although he does get some good results from a special mic he uses, the sound from the desk option means he can get different angles with uniform sound wherever he is in the room.
I saw some very good footage of you with the Peter Donegan band at The Newcastle City Hall a while back, wondered who did that?

:)

[quote name='peteb' post='1318732' date='Jul 27 2011, 09:31 PM']Well played sir![/quote]

Haha cheers - team effort :)

Just to say more different songs have gone up on berniewd40 YouTube site for anyone interested. He also has footage of local kid called Mickey Crystal - what a great name! - in a now defunct band called The Fishburn Mafia, stunning guitarist IMO