Why become a member? ×

withdrawn

artisan

i thinking of selling my J-Retro-as below

(bass not included :huh: )
yes it was a G.A.S. attack-but TBH i'm a blues player really so i don't need it-i think :)
it's only 6 months old & cost me £175.00 so i'm wanting as much as possible back,
£120.00 sounds fair to me-but i'm open to offers.
i can arrange postage if needed as i still have the box,fitting instructions & packaging it came with.
'tis a bargain 'tis ;)

Edited by artisan

[quote name='artisan' post='150567' date='Mar 3 2008, 06:54 PM']i thinking of selling my J-Retro-as below

(bass not included :huh: )
yes it was a G.A.S. attack-but TBH i'm a blues player really so i don't need it-i think :)
it's only 6 months old & cost me £175.00 so i'm wanting as much as possible back,
£120.00 sounds fair to me-but i'm open to offers.
i can arrange postage if needed as i still have the box,fitting instructions & packaging it came with.
'tis a bargain 'tis ;)[/quote]

How weird. I've just bought a used J-retro via BC last week, and I'm in Harrogate too!

It has done wonders for my jazz fretless, and £120 is a fair price. Sadly, this pre-amp does not fit my aerodyne, otherwise I'd be a customer.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='150855' date='Mar 4 2008, 11:26 AM']How weird. I've just bought a used J-retro via BC last week, and I'm in Harrogate too!

It has done wonders for my jazz fretless, and £120 is a fair price. Sadly, this pre-amp does not fit my aerodyne, otherwise I'd be a customer.[/quote]

thanks m8
how bizzare-just checked your profile-i'm a Harley rider too,an XL1200 Nightster to be exact.
thats 3 B'C' members in Harrogate that i know of.
i have to agree the J-retro is a fantastic bit of kit-i just fancy putting some stacked knobs (ala '62 reissue) & a pair of Wizard 84's in mine.

Edited by artisan

i wouldn't like to say (i.e. i don't know)
but i would ask in here
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showforum=33"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showforum=33[/url]
John's a top guy & i'm shure he'll tell you.
cheers

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='151492' date='Mar 5 2008, 07:33 AM']Back on with the J-Retro, would it be suitable for mounting without the bell plate (like a U-Retro), or are the pot shafts going to be a bit short for that?

Cheers.[/quote]
[quote name='Hit&Run' post='151492' date='Mar 5 2008, 07:33 AM']Back on with the J-Retro, would it be suitable for mounting without the bell plate (like a U-Retro), or are the pot shafts going to be a bit short for that?

Cheers.[/quote]

The threads on a J-Retro are 6.5mm so not really long enough to rear mount, also mini toggles must be taken into accout too. The U-Retro threads are 10mm.

Also rememer that the J-Retro pots are mounted in a straight line, fixed to the circuit board, whereas U-Retro has them on flexible flat wires.

I do actually have an un-used retro circuit board with longer thread pots, mounted on the circuit board. I put it together as a special, which was never used because the depth of the bass wasn't enough, so I swapped back for a U-Retro instead.

PM me if interested in that?

Cheers

John