Why become a member? ×

Jackson 'TBX-Pro' Thunderbird

cetera

Finally had 2 minutes to take some photos of this gorgeous bass I got a few months back....!

It's a Jackson 'TBX-Pro' Thunderbird in black :)

Japanese-made in very limited numbers back in the early 90's, this gorgeous example is in almost mint condition, comes loaded with active 18V EMG soapbars and sounds HUGE!!!

Enjoy.... :)

Edited by cetera
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1457559446' post='2999734']
There's a Charvel version too. Gary has too many good basses.
[/quote]

Cheers mate! Just picked up a fab pointy headstock old Fernandes Thunderbird as well - not unlike your Hamer one! ;)

[quote name='cetera' timestamp='1457994099' post='3003834']
Cheers mate! Just picked up a fab pointy headstock old Fernandes Thunderbird as well - not unlike your Hamer one! ;)
[/quote]

The Hamer is still with me! I still search regularly for one of those Fernandes MV65s...I think you had two or three at one stage.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1458024091' post='3003907']
The Hamer is still with me! I still search regularly for one of those Fernandes MV65s...I think you had two or three at one stage.
[/quote]
Yep, they're pretty rare. I have 3 of them at the moment and they're lush ;)
Always looking to add more to the collection - but if I ever let one go I'll let you know....

• 3 years later...

sorry for opening up such an old thread but Gary, remember me? Mike from talkbass/JCF ( amimbari ). I never joined this group and just looked at the pictures and chat, but while looking for a TBX for sale, I found your posts. Do you still have it? I sold mine to a friend here in the states in 2014 and always wondered if I would ever find another one. I hooked up with a guy in Russia and he has a bunch of export- Japan-only units INCLUDING the unicorn Charvel Tbird so I bought it as well as his Soloist. He also has a Grover Jackson p-p 5string Futura, but is not ready to sell it yet :( 

IMG_20190415_230605_zpssirngdra.jpg

Edited by amimbari
  • Like 1

On 05/05/2019 at 12:09, amimbari said:

sorry for opening up such an old thread but Gary, remember me? Mike from talkbass/JCF ( amimbari ). I never joined this group and just looked at the pictures and chat, but while looking for a TBX for sale, I found your posts. Do you still have it? I sold mine to a friend here in the states in 2014 and always wondered if I would ever find another one. I hooked up with a guy in Russia and he has a bunch of export- Japan-only units INCLUDING the unicorn Charvel Tbird so I bought it as well as his Soloist. He also has a Grover Jackson p-p 5string Futura, but is not ready to sell it yet :(

Hey Mike! Yes, good to hear from you again - sorry you let your J-Bird go but love the new Charvel one you got! :)