Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Status-Graphite B1 and B2

senmen

Well, the time has come that I want to sell my Status B1 and B2 basses.

B1:
2003, near mint condition, used on three gigs, perfect near mint condition, with original flightcase.
EUR 12000,00. Only personal pickup.
Pictures and detailed info only on serious request.

B2:
2005, only one in white, perfect condition, no dings, dongs or scratches, with original flightcase.
EUR 1350,00 plus shipping
More information and photos only by serious inquiry to: [email protected]

Many thanks for looking.
Oliver

Edited by senmen

As someone who owns a Buzzard (the last one in my case), whomever gets this will get one of the most ridiculously brilliant instruments ever made. Balances perfectly (you might think not with it's angular shape) with loads of EQ options and due to the graphite construction, it weighs absolutely nothing. I'll never play anything better than this.

However, one part of the original post is quite frankly wrong in my opinion. Nobody [i]wants [/i]to sell one of these.

I have to ask, what are you going to replace this lot with?!!

As for Tone Deluxe suggesting to it "being a Warwick?" Pffft. Anyone who's played the Warwick knows that the Status buzzard is the real deal.

Good luck with the sale Oliver.

Edited by Wolverinebass

its a shame I didn't win the lottery, even a paltry 50k, as I would have bought both of these beauties in a flash ..

as it is I could only afford this...
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-METAL-BASS-GUITAR-/170663596937?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item27bc57d389"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-METAL-BASS-G...=item27bc57d389[/url]

envious bump !

[quote name='cocco' post='1302688' date='Jul 13 2011, 06:28 PM']I don't know about the overwater shape and what is original but the B1 was status before Jon turned to warwick. Status no longer make the b1 nore call the b2 a buzzard for this reason.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Think you may have that wrong!
i always thought Warwick did the wooden prototypes first ,then John went to Status to have the whole bass made of Carbon Graphite.

Edited by MB1

[quote name='fretmeister' post='1303309' date='Jul 14 2011, 10:50 AM']Lovely!

Alas I believe the forum rules state that prices must be shown - even for the B1.[/quote]

Yep, he's right. Rules is rules. Price up for the B1 please.

[quote name='Luc' post='1303314' date='Jul 14 2011, 10:53 AM']55k

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/STATUS-BUZZARD-SERIES-1-BASS-/150631353660?pt=Guitar&hash=item2312540d3c"]http://cgi.ebay.com/STATUS-BUZZARD-SERIES-...=item2312540d3c[/url][/quote]

$55,000 ??? Blimey!!!!!!

[quote name='fretmeister' post='1305860' date='Jul 16 2011, 03:56 PM']I have to say, if that ebY listing is halfway reasonable then senman's is underpriced.

Dude, make sure you get proper money for it![/quote]

Well, I think my price is fair for a B1. As for that one on Ebay. That guy bought that bass a few weeks
ago from Tim Harden of buzzardbass.com for 12000 USD (that bass is not in the same pristine conditon than mine)
and is now trying to sell for 55....
Well, I know at least one other for sale that is also around my price tag....

Oliver

[quote name='ToneDeluxe' post='1302504' date='Jul 13 2011, 03:45 PM']jeez..i only asked.. whats this the status snob club?[/quote]
There's a reason for the ire. Something to do with Status/Warwick/The JAE Estate, who got there first and whose design is whose etc.
I have heard the story from a reliable (and maybe biased) source, but I'm not repeating it online.

[quote name='senmen' post='1306038' date='Jul 16 2011, 05:47 PM']Well, I think my price is fair for a B1. As for that one on Ebay. That guy bought that bass a few weeks
ago from Tim Harden of buzzardbass.com for 12000 USD (that bass is not in the same pristine conditon than mine)
and is now trying to sell for 55....
Well, I know at least one other for sale that is also around my price tag....

Oliver[/quote]

Plus not being funny about it. That bass (the 55K one) hasn't been well maintained as I thought the bridge was all rusted up and the roman numerals looked distinctly yellow...

Mine is pretty much as new and I've had mine almost 6 years.

Edited by Wolverinebass