Why become a member? ×

LINE6 Relay G30 - Test / Review

Just a small note on the batteries:

When the batteries are on their last leg, the transmitter status light goes from blue to red on both the receiver and the transmitter, which is a good warning sign, cause I've found out you can then play perhaps another hour from the red light, and when the end is near... it doesn't deteriorates or distort and fart, it just goes off!
So when you see the red light swap batteries and you're ok.

I didn't time the battery life but... these were the original cheapo GP ones that came with it, I have now fitted Duracell Ultra in there, hopefully they will last longer.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='1304006' date='Jul 14 2011, 09:22 PM']Why?

Anyway, like I said, I just clip it on my belt. I feel more comfortable having it on my body rather than on my strap.[/quote]

Until the day you forget about it, and remove your bass sharply... and there goes your transmitter flying, with maybe a broken clip too (it's not very sturdy).
For that reason alone, I fix it to my strap. That way it stays with the bass regardless.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='1304006' date='Jul 14 2011, 09:22 PM']Why?

Anyway, like I said, I just clip it on my belt. I feel more comfortable having it on my body rather than on my strap.[/quote]
Basically what mcnach just said. I usually work with a lot of metal bands, the kind that go flying into the crowd and such. A knock to the transmitter could crack your screen, or break it otherwise. The sweatband neatly fits over the transmitter and protects it from the kind of wear it'd get whilst gigging. Plus it's another barrier against liquids and we all know beer will inevitably end up on you whilst playing!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I've had a G30 since 2014. I use it everyday in the house, and at Church on a Sunday. It is faultless. No noise or loss of signal, and I've never had any reason to doubt it's reliability. I can highly recommend this great piece of kit. The only issue is that the belt clip is pretty flimsy and broke within a few days. I had the unit replaced under warranty and bought a Neotech wireless pouch (small) from Amazon for £18. The transmitter fits perfectly. No problems since then...

[url="https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000P4D8G4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/url]

Edited by PGTips