Why become a member? ×

you tube

4 candles

sitting at the P.C with my 6yr old girl just watchin you tube. she says "can we watch justin bieber" (with some young tart miming aparently live in new york 2010, very sick!!)

40 million viewers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you input jamiroquai live at abbey road, multi platinum seling artists, and a damn fine example of how to actually play instruments well, and be popular only 1 million viewers!!!

I think the world has gone mad but a aprt of Me thinks me is getting old!

god help my daughter! if this is the future of music

Regards

Mark

Edited by 4 candles

Totally agree, youre getting old lol

But seriously, it does seem to be a dire situation :)

My youngest is into the Beatles and Elvis (she's 12).

The middle one loves Jap Rock and the eldest is a Goth.......

Takes all sorts.

Show her the way of cool music and she can be the next star!

No one but musos care about musicians being any good at playing. What most people want is a pretty face and a hummable tune.

Pop music has always been mostly crap with some good stuff. That never changes.

And congratulations - you've turned into your dad. ;-)

Remember, tho'. Obsessive little kids are going to keep going back to that video again and again so 40 million views is not 40 million viewers. Jamiroquai fans are likely to be older and will have less time to spend watching favourite videos over and over again.

The youngest is 7, his favourite song is I am the Slime by Zappa, the eldest is 17, at his 9th birthday party his friends got to liste to Stockhausen's helicopter quartet while they scoffed their food :)

My work is nearly done I think :)

[quote name='Johnston' post='1288564' date='Jul 1 2011, 08:13 AM']The two youngest will listen to pretty much anything. Who would have though Metallica would work to put a baby to sleep :)[/quote]

I've listened to ...and justice for all a few times, had that effect on me as well :)

On the mention of Bieber, something annoyed me chronic yesterday when I flicked past the music channels on the telobox.

While I couldn't care less about the Canadian teeny bopper having a career and milking it, what's irked me is that he's done a single with Chris Brown.

The issue? Chris Brown is a woman beater and is the chap who battered the crap out of Rihanna.

He should not have a career, much less get it bolstered by person like Bieber who not only has a massive fanbase, but relies on a squeaky clean image.

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1288644' date='Jul 1 2011, 09:38 AM']Remember, tho'. Obsessive little kids are going to keep going back to that video again and again so 40 million views is not 40 million viewers. Jamiroquai fans are likely to be older and will have less time to spend watching favourite videos over and over again.[/quote]

+ at least 2543

Think that's how many time my little un has watched that Beiber track on Y'tube..... I quite like it now.... Baby, Baby, Baby ooooohhhhhh ;o)