Why become a member? ×

stage presence

OliverBlackman

Just watched Cee Lo Green at Glasto on Iplayer and his band have the most boring faces i have ever seen!! They all lacked facial expression, stood in the same place and the guitarist looked at his fretboard so much i dont think he had ever played a guitar so much. Your playing Glastonbury, and getting paid too! I put on more of an effort than that playing in the pubs. Disgraceful. Anybody else see bands like this during glastonbury? Got to say though Janelle Monae's band were incredible.

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1287027' date='Jun 29 2011, 10:02 PM']Janelle Monae's band were incredible.[/quote]

And the figures in today's Guardian show that she was had by far the greatest percentage gain in sales of all artists following her appearance.

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1287108' date='Jun 29 2011, 10:55 PM']....I don't suppose he wanted any mere musicians upstaging him....[/quote]
Every last part of Cee Lo Green's act, including the band, is designed and choreographed. Like it or not the band are doing exactly what they've been rehearsed to do.

His PR department is doing a great job. We know all the references and we're not even close to being his target audience.

[quote name='chris_b' post='1287205' date='Jun 30 2011, 12:06 AM']Every last part of Cee Lo Green's act, including the band, is designed and choreographed. Like it or not the band are doing exactly what they've been rehearsed to do.

His PR department is doing a great job. We know all the references and we're not even close to being his target audience.[/quote]

ha, right so if anyone over 20 doesnt like him that makes him "cool", got it :)

Its unfortunate that he's been such a one hit wonder. His album has good songs and he was even singing Moby for about 30 seconds at Glastonbury.

When i met Paul Turner he was telling me there were some great tracks tht Jamiroquai wrote and recorded but the record label didnt like them so they won't be heard by us mere public :)

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1287218' date='Jun 30 2011, 01:33 AM']....ha, right so if anyone over 20 doesnt like him that makes him "cool", got it :)

Its unfortunate that he's been such a one hit wonder.....[/quote]
Did I say that?

He's had about 3 so far and counting.

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1287027' date='Jun 29 2011, 10:02 PM']Just watched Cee Lo Green at Glasto on Iplayer and his band have the most boring faces i have ever seen!! They all lacked facial expression, stood in the same place and the guitarist looked at his fretboard so much i dont think he had ever played a guitar so much. Your playing Glastonbury, and getting paid too! I put on more of an effort than that playing in the pubs. Disgraceful. Anybody else see bands like this during glastonbury? Got to say though Janelle Monae's band were incredible.[/quote]
i disagree - the drummer had a very strange pained expression on his face with that sort of critical look on his face that drummers sometimes have when other tardy band members just arent quite listening and keeping with him!! tsk

[quote name='Bankai' post='1287270' date='Jun 30 2011, 07:36 AM']What happened to his old band? :)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZafczuvx1s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZafczuvx1s[/url][/quote]

Maybe they got replaced after the shambles at the Coachella Festival?

[quote name='Bankai' post='1287270' date='Jun 30 2011, 07:36 AM']What happened to his old band? :)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZafczuvx1s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZafczuvx1s[/url][/quote]

its common for american artists to use British musicians for gigs in the UK. It can sometimes be down to cost of transporting gear or the regular band have other commitments

[quote name='Johnston' post='1287333' date='Jun 30 2011, 09:21 AM']I wouldn't say that.

Bright Lights Bigger City and Forget you have both charted have they not??

Then add in Crazy and the rest of the Gnarls Barkley stuff.[/quote]

Crazy i can agree on but bright lights i didnt think got that big did it? The thing is they had a big writing group which included Bruno Mars and they must have spent a fair bit on marketing the album and singles after that. Then to put on a mediocre looking show... Seems like money down the drain to me.

[quote name='chris_b' post='1287511' date='Jun 30 2011, 10:48 AM']I just think the band's looking mean and moody, but the real "cock up" was making Cee Lo look like an extra from Star Wars.[/quote]

I think thats a bit disrespectful to Star Wars, they're costumes were slightly more tasteful :) I think it had Star Trek written all over it