Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Ashdown ABM115c and Hartke HA2000 - SOLD

Ed_S

I've just put a little bung of money in the hands of a nice guy called Alex at Barefaced, so in order to make a bit of space and free up some cash, I'm offering my mini-rig up for sale. It comprises of a Hartke HA2000 head and [s]modified Ashdown ABM-115 Compact cab.[/s]

SOLD[s]The ABM-115, although modified and gigged, is in great condition with only a few scuffs to the covering and corners - no rips or serious damage. The original Sica Blueline driver exploded on me, so I bought it a Celestion BN15-400S (8Ω) Orange Label neo driver, which although it doesn't have the power handling and excursion of a delta/kappalite etc. is a solid driver that sounds really punchy and articulate in this particular box. As well as the Hartke, I've also gigged this cab with my Little Mark and Orange Terror, and both suit it very well. I've fitted heavy duty rubber feet to the side of the cab to allow it to be used end-up on its own, as well as in its intended orientation along with other similar cabs. On its own it's a very capable cab, and with its new driver, weighs in at only 18Kg! [/s]SOLD

The Hartke is likewise in great condition with just a couple of very minor scuffs from rack-mounting. Owned from new, it was my main amp about 8 years ago, then became my backup, and the last two years it's been my rehearsal amp and has soldiered through 3 hours of playing every Saturday in temperatures ranging from freezing to boiling without a single complaint. Upon inspection, it's hardly even accumulated any dust! I'm only letting it go because I also have its big 500W brother to take its place at the studios. I'll include the mains lead, a basic but functional speaker lead and the rack ears (which are silver as they were bought more recently).

It's currently stored at our rehearsal studios in Sheffield, and collection from there would be preferred.

[s]£200 together, or[/s] £100 for the head[s], £100 for the cab.[/s]

[attachment=83495:Hartke_Ashdown_1.jpg]

Edited by Ed_S

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='1284623' date='Jun 27 2011, 09:12 PM']What is the spec on the cab? Ohms and handling please?[/quote]

It's this exact speaker if you want all the tech info:
[url="http://professional.celestion.com/bass/pdf/BN15-400S8.pdf"]http://professional.celestion.com/bass/pdf/BN15-400S8.pdf[/url]

But the paperback version is 8ohm, 400W.

To buy both the cab and speaker would still cost you about £450 new, so all I'm asking is a token gesture and my floor-space back!

Cheers,
Ed

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='1284713' date='Jun 27 2011, 10:25 PM']Paperback version? Not sure I follow...

How did you settle on this speaker? I only ask as I seem to think that it's all to do with what speaker matches what box size, ports etc? Sorry to seem picky, I am interested but want to be sure...[/quote]

Heh, paperback version = the short version of the story / not the hardback version! No reference to the speaker lol :)

I'd love to tell you that I did all the maths when deciding on the speaker, but the truth is that I didn't - I bought it based on brand name, price and availability, and it's a happy accident that it actually sounds really decent in this box - much better than the original. I quite understand if that's not good enough as an answer, but it's the truth. It's a snappy and responsive cab that can take 500W and hang with a power metal band on its own.

• 2 months later...