Why become a member? ×

PorcelFarce

Jabba_the_gut

Althou i'd agree that problems occur with all couriers, Porcelfarce are particularly bad with regards to late deliveries.
The company i work for used to use PF exclusively for larger packages and they were consistently awful.
It was pretty normal for their 24 hour service to be a day late and their time guaranteed services were almost always late, again sometimes by a day.
Their customer service is equally awful - basically it takes so long to actually speak to a person that our office staff often gave up as it was a huge waste of time and resources, almost like they deliberately try to make it hard to get a refund.

The PF guy who used to collect and deliver from us was great though, no complaints there.

Edited by lemmywinks

I sent this letter to Parcelforce after they bust a hardcase. They refused to pay up but they did after they received my letter. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86842&hl"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86842&hl[/url]

Thanks for the template, I can see myself using this as I have an open dispute with PF at the moment. How exactly do you shatter the handles on a 4U flight case? Surely if your knuckles are dragging on the floor then you can't lift it high enough to drop it from any great distance?

Confused of Ramsbottom. :)

[quote name='Rich' post='1282113' date='Jun 25 2011, 01:34 PM']Really?? How? Do tell, this sounds fascinating/horrifying :)[/quote]

Not that exciting, really.. My girlfriend was getting her mobile swapped under insurance as it'd conked out, but she works for a university medical school on site at a hospital and was told by O2 that their couriers wouldn't deliver to either type of address. I work in a school, but that was apparently fine for some reason, so I said she could have it delivered to me and I'd do the swap for her.

The City Link guy arrived, but despite O2 having my name and number, the package was for the attention of my lass, so the receptionists had to tell him they weren't signing for it. Apparently he blew up about it and got really shirty until they suggested he leave.

Compare that to FedEx, who managed to deliver a parcel to me that only had my name and the first half of the post code still visible on the label... or Business Post who offer to ring their drivers and get them to alter the route to get stuff to you before early closing in the holidays... even PostalFarce who've been regularly getting my PF48 packages unmolested to their destinations well within 24hrs in the past few months.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1282105' date='Jun 25 2011, 01:28 PM']took a wander down the road earlier in the week, passed a UPS van, an the driver walking up to a door armed with a card. He ignored the huge ornate door knocker, and stroked the door with his knuckles......[/quote]

The first thing that always comes to my head when I hear UPS is an incident at a local music shop I was doing work experience at when I was 15.

The owner had gone out to get some thing from up the road, this UPS van pulled up in front of the shop, what looked really close to the owner's Merc which was parked right outside. The delivery guy got out, pushed the shop door open full pelt & came in. Whilst he was getting a signature from a staff member I saw the owner come in to view of the shop front & inspect his car. He then came in & calmly told the UPS guy that he'd scratched it. The UPS guy flipped out & within a couple of seconds the situation had escalated. Anyway to cut it short the delivery guy left F'ing & blinding, threatening the shop owner etc etc. & just to confirm he had scratched the Merc, badly on the offside front wing.

I've never considered using UPS!

There are horror stories for every courier you care to mention.

My experience with Parcel Force is that I've sent maybe.....20 guitars with them, over the counter at the post office, everything from cheap guitars to relatively expensive ones, and never had a problem, not once. However if the mis-sale of insurance is true then that's really not very good at all, I'll have a look into that.

My horror stories all relate to TNT, I've used them via work on and off for many years, and the they have been utterly useless on most occasions. Unfortunately I have to use them as work tell me to.

Business post were generally ok, but were often late, especially with 24 hour deliveries.

ALL of my damaged items were handled by TNT. I would NEVER send an instrument with them under any circumstances.

[quote name='joe_bass' post='1282078' date='Jun 25 2011, 12:58 PM']This happened yesterday! The knock was also incredibly faint.[/quote]

You got a knock???
The last time, all I got was the card posted through the door-the sh*tes had already written it out-had to wait till the following saturday to go and collect from the depot :)