Why become a member? ×

PorcelFarce

Jabba_the_gut

Yet again a well known parcel company manages to let me down. Give them a parcel for a fellow basschatter yesterday morning first thing on a 24 hour service - check the tracker 36 hours later and the parcel is only just showing as having left my local depot. Useless.

Last time they had anything of mine was a bass they managed to dent they wouldn't cough up even though it was fully insured (after a couple of months of contacting them).

Aaagggghhh! Just needed to vent.......

[quote name='Jabba_the_gut' post='1281527' date='Jun 24 2011, 09:08 PM']Yet again a well known parcel company manages to let me down. Give them a parcel for a fellow basschatter yesterday morning first thing on a 24 hour service - check the tracker 36 hours later and the parcel is only just showing as having left my local depot. Useless.

Last time they had anything of mine was a bass they managed to dent they wouldn't cough up even though it was fully insured (after a couple of months of contacting them).

Aaagggghhh! Just needed to vent.......[/quote]

They won't pay out even if you pay for the insurance - musical instruments are explicitly excluded from enhanced compensation. Do yourself a favour and boycott ParcelForce - they are absolutely no use to you, the insurance mis-selling gits.

[quote name='neepheid' post='1281638' date='Jun 24 2011, 11:05 PM']They won't pay out even if you pay for the insurance - musical instruments are explicitly excluded from enhanced compensation. Do yourself a favour and boycott ParcelForce - they are absolutely no use to you, the insurance mis-selling gits.[/quote]

I never knew that! I'm shocked and disgusted!!

[url="http://www2.parcelforce.com/send-worldwide/delivery-times-worldwide-destinations/prohibitions"]http://www2.parcelforce.com/send-worldwide...ns/prohibitions[/url]

It's right there but they don't tell you at the post office counter!!

Appalling!!

[quote name='andydye' post='1281651' date='Jun 24 2011, 11:15 PM']I never knew that! I'm shocked and disgusted!!

[url="http://www2.parcelforce.com/send-worldwide/delivery-times-worldwide-destinations/prohibitions"]http://www2.parcelforce.com/send-worldwide...ns/prohibitions[/url]

Appalling!![/quote]

I just had a look at the list of prohibited/excluded items - it's quite long isn't it?!!!

When they wouldn't cough up for the damage to my bass the reason given was that it was not well enough packaged - no mention was made that the insurance excluded instruments....

Edited by Jabba_the_gut

[quote name='neepheid' post='1281638' date='Jun 24 2011, 11:05 PM']They won't pay out even if you pay for the insurance - musical instruments are explicitly excluded from enhanced compensation. Do yourself a favour and boycott ParcelForce - they are absolutely no use to you, the insurance mis-selling gits.[/quote]

Holy feckin' moly! I sent a 70-year-old uke banjo via parcel farce 48 last week and paid for enhanced insurance, good thing it got there in one piece!

ficelles

I've only ever used Parcelforce to post guitars & have never had any problems at all.

Booking over the phone with Parcelforce direct is always better than trying to do it at a post office.

They don't "Mis-sell" insurance. If you can't be bothered to read up on the service, what they offer & what exclusions there are before using them then more fool you.

[quote name='RhysP' post='1281779' date='Jun 25 2011, 05:25 AM']I've only ever used Parcelforce to post guitars & have never had any problems at all.

Booking over the phone with Parcelforce direct is always better than trying to do it at a post office.

They don't "Mis-sell" insurance. If you can't be bothered to read up on the service, what they offer & what exclusions there are before using them then more fool you.[/quote]
In part I agree with you, if you book on-line direct with PF and don't read the exclusions etc then that is your fault. However... if you hand over an item at the counter and tell them it is a bass guitar and they then sell you enhanced insurance then that is specifically mis sold; alternatively if you book through a 3rd party who then use PF (believe me it can happen and is sometimes cheaper), they don't tell you all of the exclusions for ALL of the couriers they use and I'd bet you'd have trouble in the event of a claim!

I confess that I've sent basses via PF booked through Interparcel or Parcel2Go or some such on-line booking service and they have all arrived safe and sound (possibly more luck than judgement). I now use other couriers whom I am reasonably sure don't exclude guitars in their insurance.

[quote name='Anvil' post='1281822' date='Jun 25 2011, 08:23 AM']At least you didn't use sh*tty Link (City Link)[/quote]

Yeah, the last one of those that came to work managed to threaten our entire reception team! UPS are a guaranteed train-wreck in my experience, too.

Maybe we should get these guys... [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcG0oIpt1ew"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcG0oIpt1ew[/url]

Where I work, I deal with loads of couriers, and by far the worst is sh*tty Link. Late deliveries, wrong deliveries, missed or late collection, and also lied to about collections - not a happy bunny, but hands tied by people who hold the purse strings.

I run a small trading business on Eaby and I never use ParcelForce. There are always problems, always! You get the impression that if there were only one parcel a year to deal with it would be late! I consistently use DHL. I know the two guys that pick up from me and they are always courteous and professional. So far! :)

Let this thread run and every courier in the UK will get at least one slagging! Read the thread/sticky elsewhere on BC re. couriers and there are Pros and Cons for EVERY courier and I'm not aware of a single courier that does the job well and/or in the event of claims pays out without hassle; if there were we'd all use them and there'd never be another thread on BC re. couriers again. :)

I've used UPS, ParcelForce, City Link, DHL and numerous others over the years and I have to say that for all I've had packages collected late (inconvenience) or some other irritation with the system, they have all arrived at their destination eventually and undamaged... yet I'm still looking for the ultimate courier who will; charge me minimal cost, collect on time, give me accurate tracking and deliver on time with the security that 'IF' it goes wrong they will sort it out promptly and pay me the full insured value. :)

[quote name='andydye' post='1281651' date='Jun 24 2011, 11:15 PM']I never knew that! I'm shocked and disgusted!!

Appalling!![/quote]

Unfortunately, the attitude is of a "you should have asked or fully read the terms" nature with many of these services.

I personally think that if anyone asks to insure an item for £500 or so, part of the job specification of the person handling the transaction should be to ensure that the item being sent isn`t within the exclusions. However, that doesn`t seem to be the case - all of the liability is left to the customer.

Not so long ago my brother posted some much needed car parts by ParcelFarce to his father-in-law at a remote village in Eire. After two months my brother got a card through the door saying it was to be collected from his local sorting office.
It had been marked as "no such address" even though - as he pointed out in the phone call - he'd been married for 18 years, posted dozens of items to the f-i-l over the years & he hadn't changed address.
The RM also wanted extra £ for bringing it back!

MB1. :lol:
Postman knocks on door this morning,i hear it get up,get to the door as hes driving off.The guy must have waited all of 30 seconds for me to answer the door? well the time it takes to fill the card in anyway!.Apparently i now have to wait two working days to go and collect it myself from the sorting office. :) I then look at the card and its not for me! :)

[quote name='MB1' post='1282028' date='Jun 25 2011, 12:00 PM']MB1. :lol:
Postman knocks on door this morning,i hear it get up,get to the door as hes driving off.The guy must have waited all of 30 seconds for me to answer the door? well the time it takes to fill the card in anyway!.Apparently i now have to wait two working days to go and collect it myself from the sorting office. :) I then look at the card and its not for me! :)[/quote]

LOL :D Sorry for laughing, but I've been there and it's really irritating!

[quote name='MB1' post='1282028' date='Jun 25 2011, 12:00 PM']MB1. :lol:
Postman knocks on door this morning,i hear it get up,get to the door as hes driving off.The guy must have waited all of 30 seconds for me to answer the door? well the time it takes to fill the card in anyway!.Apparently i now have to wait two working days to go and collect it myself from the sorting office. :) I then look at the card and its not for me! :)[/quote]

This happened yesterday! The knock was also incredibly faint.

took a wander down the road earlier in the week, passed a UPS van, an the driver walking up to a door armed with a card. He ignored the huge ornate door knocker, and stroked the door with his knuckles, before posting the slip. I lent on the gate post and watched him, he looked pretty guilty/worried I was the homeowner.

[quote name='Ed_S' post='1281823' date='Jun 25 2011, 08:26 AM']Yeah, the last one of those that came to work managed to threaten our entire reception team![/quote]
Really?? How? Do tell, this sounds fascinating/horrifying :)