Why become a member? ×

D'Addario UK - Great Customer Service

louisthebass

Hi all,
I thought I'd share a positive experience in customer service (Mods - if this is in the wrong part of the forum, please move).

Background: I bought a set of D'Addario Acoustic Bronze Bass strings at the LBGS in March. My ABG needed a set up & supplied the new strings I bought to one of my local music shops where the setup was being done.

A couple of weeks later, the shop informed me that the low B string had snapped & were waiting on a replacement to come in. Then, a couple of weeks later, the shop informed me that they were closing down & I had to retrieve the bass sans a low B string as it had not arrived in time (the shop adjusted the difference which was positive).

I emailed D'Addario UK explaining the situation & they just asked me for my address & sent me a new string for [b]free[/b] which I wasn't expecting at all! So, a big thumbs up to Elaine at D'Addario UK customer services for great customer service! :)

Cheers,
louisthebass

[quote name='NJW' post='1280924' date='Jun 24 2011, 01:07 PM']Im not surprised the shop shut down if they take 4 weeks to (not) set up your bass!

Great news on the free string though, well done D'Addario.[/quote]

I'd heard that the shop was going previously & I was surprised that they couldn't have got hold of a string themsleves sooner. When I got the bass back, the string had broken at the tuning peg end (the string must have not been strong enough & the windings just unwound - weird).

Cheers,
louisthebass

Another big +1 for D'addario Planet Waves customer service here too. Absolutely brilliant. Not many companies still offer the kind of warranties they do on equipment and this should be commended publicly!