Why become a member? ×

Man i want one of these P Basses..

bubinga5

ive seen these A E thinline P Basses before..in fretted and fretless. .ive seen a sunburst and even a flame maple one.. Made in Japan this one.. im not really a P Bass man but i bloody love these. big time.... what a beautiful instrument.....

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='philw' post='1280785' date='Jun 24 2011, 11:53 AM']There was one for sale here a few months ago. I know that 'cause I was the one doing the selling. It went abroad I'm afraid.

Phil[/quote]

I sold this to Phil..I was disappointed with the p/ups which I believe Phil upgraded before shipping abroad..GAS all you like, just don't buy!!

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1288079' date='Jun 30 2011, 06:33 PM']I sold this to Phil..I was disappointed with the p/ups which I believe Phil upgraded before shipping abroad..GAS all you like, just don't buy!![/quote]

Your memory is playing tricks Mick. I didn't change anything on the bass other than the setup. I got it playing pretty well with a nice low action – the combination of neck-tilt and truss rod adjustment rather fried my brain though. It went to a guy in France. Can't remember his name now but I Googled him at the time and he seemed reasonably well known on the French Jazz scene. He seemed very happy with the bass. It was a lovely, characterful instrument dripping with mojo, but not a patch on more contemporary versions of the semi-solid concept.

Phil

• 11 months later...

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1308772435' post='1279036']
ive seen these A E thinline P Basses before..in fretted and fretless. .ive seen a sunburst and even a flame maple one.. Made in Japan this one.. im not really a P Bass man but i bloody love these. big time.... what a beautiful instrument.....
[/quote]
I neeeeeed one of these. How do I get one?