Why become a member? ×

Epiphone EB3 Long Scale

Hi Guys,

My wrist is killing me lately (insert lewd comment here!) so I've come to the profound conclusion that a short scale bass would be the solution.

Does anyone have a short scale bass they don'g get along with and want a long scale instead?

Preferably the short scale version of this bass or one of the new squire jag SS. Or possibly a Gibson (with some dollar from me).
Can do plus or minus cash based on condition, new price etc.

This is a few years old (a Korean made model) but still in realy good nick. A few small marks as expected.

I can supply more details if required.

Edited by richardrickenbacker

[quote name='Delberthot' post='1276539' date='Jun 20 2011, 11:45 PM']These basses are fantastic and exactly what I am looking for. Unfortunately I don't have a shortscale bass :)[/quote]

+1 - especially as this is korean made

it might be easier for richard just to seel this bass and then buy a shortscale - should make some money for himself too by doing it this was as generally the short scales go for less money :)

[quote name='Michaelg' post='1277146' date='Jun 21 2011, 03:08 PM']Hi Richard,

Would you consider, as a part exchange, one of the basses I am currently selling? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=142035"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=142035[/url][/quote]

Could be, however geography may be a problem, do you ever get up the midlands??

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='1277637' date='Jun 21 2011, 08:12 PM']You may be right. I paid a loooottt more for this Korean beauty in 2002 than they are selling the Chinese models for now. The prices are creeping back up though! Could keep it until they are worth a tad more??? It was my first![/quote]

So why don't you sell the bass to:-

[quote name='Delberthot' post='1276539' date='Jun 20 2011, 11:45 PM']These basses are fantastic and exactly what I am looking for. Unfortunately I don't have a shortscale bass :)[/quote]

and use some of the money to buy a short scale?

I also run a dating agency in my spare time

Edited by gareth

[quote name='gareth' post='1277795' date='Jun 21 2011, 09:38 PM']So why don't you sell the bass to:-

and use some of the money to buy a short scale?

I also run a dating agency in my spare time[/quote]

As it was my first bass, the idea of flogging it is a bit hard, losing 4 inches and looking the same would be the ideal scenario for me, i could pretend it was that way all along!

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='1277641' date='Jun 21 2011, 08:13 PM']Could be, however geography may be a problem, do you ever get up the midlands??[/quote]

I have access to a car and getting up to the midlands isn't a problem! I didn't see how much you wanted for the EB3 - how much are we talking? I'm happy to arrange a trip up to try one anothers guitars.

Michael

• 1 month later...

From what you say this bass appears to be surplus to requirements. If you're not wanting to play it any more then what you going to do with it? Hang it on the wall? Put it in a hermetically sealed display case? Put it in the loft?

My first bass was one of these. I sold it. I don't miss it.

IMHO sentimentality is an expensive impediment to progress :)