Why become a member? ×

hartke advice

Bucket Head

been playing thru a Hartke HA2000 recently and love the sound of it got nice high end with distortion and stuff only problem is that dont think its gonna be loud enuff. so wondeirng if anyone knows any hartke stuff with more watts so louder and bascally the same sound?

as always cheers in advance
Long live BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, welcome to the forum! Well the quick answer for you to get a more powerful amp with the same sound would be to upgrade to the Hartke HA3500. (350w) or the Hartke HA5500C (500w). Both fantastic amps from the same model series and sharing the same preamplifier.

[quote name='dood' post='1272251' date='Jun 16 2011, 11:26 PM']Hi, welcome to the forum! Well the quick answer for you to get a more powerful amp with the same sound would be to upgrade to the Hartke HA3500. (350w) or the Hartke HA5500C (500w). Both fantastic amps from the same model series and sharing the same preamplifier.[/quote]

I used to have a HA3500, going through a 4x10 cab and it didn't sound great when cranked up loud. In my humble experience Hartke amps sound awesome at low to mid volumes, but lose their tone once you push them too hard... Having said that, I haven't tried their gear for a good few years now...

[quote name='dood' post='1272251' date='Jun 16 2011, 11:26 PM']Hi, welcome to the forum! Well the quick answer for you to get a more powerful amp with the same sound would be to upgrade to the Hartke HA3500. (350w) or the Hartke HA5500C (500w). Both fantastic amps from the same model series and sharing the same preamplifier.[/quote]

+1 Had a HA3500 for about last 13 years from new. Used with a decent set of speakers they're a great amp for just about any situation. Dont think I've ever run out of steam. Worth putting a decent valve in the pre amp as the standard ones are only cheap chinese made ones.
Cheers Just

Anyone subscribe to the seemingly quite common thinking that the original black-panel models are somehow better than the newer silver ones? I have a black HA2000 from years ago and a recent silver HA5500, and I've honestly never been able to tell anything between them apart from the volume. That said, the 5500 hasn't had enough use to judge reliability. Mainly wondering for the sake of the OP if hunting down a 2nd-hand original is better in more ways than just the price...

[quote name='Ed_S' post='1272386' date='Jun 17 2011, 08:44 AM']Anyone subscribe to the seemingly quite common thinking that the original black-panel models are somehow better than the newer silver ones? I have a black HA2000 from years ago and a recent silver HA5500, and I've honestly never been able to tell anything between them apart from the volume. That said, the 5500 hasn't had enough use to judge reliability. Mainly wondering for the sake of the OP if hunting down a 2nd-hand original is better in more ways than just the price...[/quote]

awsome advice cheers, but what do ppl thing about what Ed S said? is it worth me tracking down a older one? i guess it wud be cheaper?

cheers