Why become a member? ×

jaco tribute custom bass 165 pounds

ian

Hi you are viewing a very very close jaco tribute bass made by a guy in manchester
It plays and sounds very close to the real deal with a great neck profile.
so before you go and pay a lot more for one give this a go at a bargin price of 200 quid you are welcome to come and have a try in kent many thanks ian

[attachment=5915:DSC00046.JPG]
[attachment=5917:DSC00048.JPG]
[attachment=5916:DSC00047.JPG]

Edited by ian

to be 100% honest i havent got a clue all i know is that it sounds really good and plays nice.
If anyone is local you are welcome to come and have a try .
The guy who made it trys to make it as close to the real things as possible its more a hobby and i think he does a really good job he as a sound clip of the j**** bass and then this one .anyway hope this helps ian

What make are the pickups and hardware?
Is the body alder or basswood? Is it a handmade body or a replacement? (I ask because the neck pickup rout is the size of one that would normally be found underneath a pickguard, and if he made it as a Jaco Tribute, why would there be a pickguard?)

If you're not aware of any of this, is there a way you can find out from the chap who made it?
Cheers

Si

hi im asking 200 pounds for the bass all i am saying is that the guy in machester made the bass i dont know if it was hand made or come as a standard bass and hes modded it i dont know .but it sounds and plays better then a bass for 200 pounds for example the cheap standard type ones the neck feels great. This bass would have been a fretted neck once but he de fretts them and so on to give them the jaco look etc .im sorry i cant give a better description but when i bought it it was for how it sounded and looked and played many thanks ian

Looks very similar to this from Benton Music....

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jazz-Bird-Lovely-Violinburst-Customised-Jazz-Style-Bass_W0QQitemZ160211356346QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jazz-Bird-Lovely-Vio...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='146651' date='Feb 25 2008, 03:30 PM']I think they may be made by the guy who trades as "Benton Music" on ebay, but I might be wrong!
From what I recall, if it is him they are alder bodies.[/quote]

I wonder if the Benton name refers to the Harley Bentons you can buyfrom Thoman. Maybe he buys them cos they are so cheap and mods them

• 2 weeks later...