Why become a member? ×

Audition Postponed

Count Bassy

I was due an audition tonight but it was cancelled as their drummer couldn't make it.
Not the end of the world, but they're auditioning someone else next week, so not only have I got to be good enough, the one they audition next week (now before me) has got to be not good enough!

One of those things, and nothing can be done. Just felt the need to share my frustration as it sounds like a good gig.

Edited by Count Bassy

I hope the drummer has a decent reason for crying off...as this appears to have been arranged and then someone decides they can't do it..??

Not a good start on their behalf....would be my thinking, especially if no good excuse was offerred

[quote name='Eight' post='1268992' date='Jun 14 2011, 06:21 PM']You can't break the other guy's fingers?[/quote]

I have to be careful - he may be 'one of us'

[quote name='JTUK' post='1269046' date='Jun 14 2011, 07:10 PM']I hope the drummer has a decent reason for crying off...as this appears to have been arranged and then someone decides they can't do it..??

Not a good start on their behalf....would be my thinking, especially if no good excuse was offerred[/quote]

Suprise birthday meal out apparently.

[quote name='Count Bassy' post='1269091' date='Jun 14 2011, 07:42 PM']I have to be careful - he may be 'one of us'[/quote]
:)

[quote name='Eight']You can't break the other guy's fingers![/quote]

Fixed. :)

Funny thing, punctuation.

Edited by Eight

They should really audition both you and the other guy next week to be fair unless they are on a really tight time schedule. I've done at least 2 auditions where me and the guy either before or after me nodded to each other as we changed over in the queue :)

I had an audition a few months ago for a covers band. The feedback I got that was between me and the other bassist (who was after me), I was the better player and added to the songs well. But they chose him as he was 'ok' and does some backing vocals :).

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='1270169' date='Jun 15 2011, 02:39 PM']Post[b]boned[/b]??!! :) :)

There [b]has[/b] to be joke there somewhere. :lol:[/quote]

Whoops! My apologies I've now corrected it.

In case people are wondering what Basic is on about I originally put 'Postboned' in the title, which isn't actually a word of course.

Edited by Count Bassy