Why become a member? ×

My new Trace Elliott GP7 7215 300SM combo

ianrunci

I have been offered a [b]Trace Elliott GP7 SM300 1x15" bass combo[/b].

Everything is fine apart from the speaker seems to have been exchanged for a Mackenzie 15" 200 watt

What would be a decent price to get this amp for any ideas anyone ??

Got it for 180 in the end :)

Edited by ianrunci

I would be interested in what speaker you go for, I noticed mine is torn in my GP7 250 and I need to replace it so was thinking should I get it repaired or replace it? Also if anyone knows best place to get one from it would be great.

By the way they are great amps, (bit heavy). Mine is the first type with the black covering and must have had it for close on 10 years with no problems, (other than the speaker, but it still works), for bigger venues I add the 2 x 10 underneath, for even bigger venues the V8 comes out.

Ta

[quote name='sixshooter' post='146525' date='Feb 25 2008, 12:59 PM']I would be interested in what speaker you go for, I noticed mine is torn in my GP7 250 and I need to replace it so was thinking should I get it repaired or replace it? Also if anyone knows best place to get one from it would be great.

By the way they are great amps, (bit heavy). Mine is the first type with the black covering and must have had it for close on 10 years with no problems, (other than the speaker, but it still works), for bigger venues I add the 2 x 10 underneath, for even bigger venues the V8 comes out.

Ta[/quote]

Wembley Loudspeakers is the place for this - despite the name they're in Shepherds Bush. Most other places you could try just send the speakers off to them for reconing. They also do a replacement service, where they can exchange your speaker for one that has already been refurbished, but you've got to be a little lucky for them to have something suitable in stock.

[quote name='Merton' post='146446' date='Feb 25 2008, 11:15 AM']Original speaker would have been the Celestion 200W jobby, C15T-200 or something I think. £200 - go for it![/quote]

Managed to get it for £180 in the end. Had a look at the speaker and its an almost new Mackenzie 200 Watt. Its sounds great so I might not even bother changing it.

Its in excellent condition and much easier to transport than my behringer head and Peavey 4x10 whichwill shortly be on Ebay :)

Thanks everyone for the advice

[quote name='Musky' post='147195' date='Feb 26 2008, 12:17 PM']Wembley Loudspeakers is the place for this - despite the name they're in Shepherds Bush. Most other places you could try just send the speakers off to them for reconing. They also do a replacement service, where they can exchange your speaker for one that has already been refurbished, but you've got to be a little lucky for them to have something suitable in stock.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I will contact them and get my TE back in good shape!