Why become a member? ×

Bass player required

DARREN777

Hi, we are looking for a bass player (male or female) to join us as a three-piece outfit for paid gigs in Kent, South East!

We need a bass player (aged 25/45 approx) with plenty of experience, a broad & varied musical taste, the ability to play with fingers & pick, and also in a dub style. Vocals are a definite advantage, and must also have own gear & transport. I (drums/vocals) am based in Deal, Kent, and the guitarist/vocals in Chislehurst, Kent. We rehearse at a studio in the Sittingbourne area.

Here is a list of material (see below) we will be working on. Most of the songs will be played in our own style, as we want to develop a presence and a sound that will set us apart from the average cover bands. We intend to gig as often as possible (including festivals, functions, weddings), and already have contacts, gigs waiting. If you are genuinely interested in this kind of thing please call Darren on 07747 065967 or Richard on 07541 047665.

Regards

Darren/Richard

The Pretenders – Middle of the road
Joe Jackson –Different for girls
Talking Heads – Wild Wild Life, And she was, Television Man, Once in a lifetime, cities
Hugh Cornwell – White room (this version or cream version or somewhere in between?) No more heroes (version)
The Stranglers – Go buddy go, Walk on by (version)
Elvis Costello – Pump it up
Pink Floyd – Fearless (We could do a version/slightly quicker & with more balls)
Rolling Stones – Under my thumb (our version)
Echo & the Bunnymen – Rescue
Supergrass – Caught by the Fuzz
Television – See no evil, Elevation
The Dictators – Stay with me
Wire - Outdoor miner, Dot Dash, Mannequin
Clash – London Calling, Bank robber, White Man in Hammersmith Palais
The Specials - Gangsters
The Jam – Down in the tube station, Eton rifles, I’m different now
Velvet Underground – What goes on
David Bowie – Man who sold the world (see also Nirvana version)
Skids – Saints are coming
Buzzcocks – Ever Fallen in Love, What do I get, Everybody’s happy nowadays, Promises, ESP (if you got your hands on a guitar looper pedal Richard, we could do a great version of this)
Joy Division – Novelty
Ian Dury – Sweet Gene Vincent, Blockheads
Magazine – Shot by both sides, Touch & Go
Creedence Clearwater Revival – Fortunate one (our own new wave version)
Beatles/Banshees – Dear prudence (everyone knows it surely?)
Iggy pop – Passenger
The Soft Boys – I wanna destroy you, There’s nobody like you
Stevie Wonder- I believe ( be a real challenge to do try & do a rock/new wave version of this song ?)
Pixies – Wave of Mutilation (surf), Here comes the man
The Kinks/Pretenders – I go to sleep
The Byrd’s – rock’n‘roll star
Hawkwind – Hurry on sundown, Quark Strangeness, and Charm
Dawn Penn – No No No
The Cure - Three Imaginary Boys
Brian Eno – Needle in the Camels Eye
Interpol - Untitled
Radiodread – Airbag
Tintern Abbey – Vacuum Cleaner

[quote name='DARREN777' post='1265808' date='Jun 12 2011, 10:25 AM']The Pretenders – Middle of the road
Joe Jackson –Different for girls
Talking Heads – Wild Wild Life, And she was, Television Man, Once in a lifetime, cities
Hugh Cornwell – White room (this version or cream version or somewhere in between?) No more heroes (version)
The Stranglers – Go buddy go, Walk on by (version)
Elvis Costello – Pump it up
Pink Floyd – Fearless (We could do a version/slightly quicker & with more balls)
Rolling Stones – Under my thumb (our version)
Echo & the Bunnymen – Rescue
Supergrass – Caught by the Fuzz
Television – See no evil, Elevation
The Dictators – Stay with me
Wire - Outdoor miner, Dot Dash, Mannequin
Clash – London Calling, Bank robber, White Man in Hammersmith Palais
The Specials - Gangsters
The Jam – Down in the tube station, Eton rifles, I’m different now
Velvet Underground – What goes on
David Bowie – Man who sold the world (see also Nirvana version)
Skids – Saints are coming
Buzzcocks – Ever Fallen in Love, What do I get, Everybody’s happy nowadays, Promises, ESP (if you got your hands on a guitar looper pedal Richard, we could do a great version of this)
Joy Division – Novelty
Ian Dury – Sweet Gene Vincent, Blockheads
Magazine – Shot by both sides, Touch & Go
Creedence Clearwater Revival – Fortunate one (our own new wave version)
Beatles/Banshees – Dear prudence (everyone knows it surely?)
Iggy pop – Passenger
The Soft Boys – I wanna destroy you, There’s nobody like you
Stevie Wonder- I believe ( be a real challenge to do try & do a rock/new wave version of this song ?)
Pixies – Wave of Mutilation (surf), Here comes the man
The Kinks/Pretenders – I go to sleep
The Byrd’s – rock’n‘roll star
Hawkwind – Hurry on sundown, Quark Strangeness, and Charm
Dawn Penn – No No No
The Cure - Three Imaginary Boys
Brian Eno – Needle in the Camels Eye
Interpol - Untitled
Radiodread – Airbag
Tintern Abbey – Vacuum Cleaner[/quote]

Twatting hell - you're doing my record collection! Don't fancy relocating to Chester, do you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Beedster' post='1308385' date='Jul 18 2011, 08:34 PM']Will do :)[/quote]
You sly fox Beedster! How cool is playing a mix of Stranglers, Clash, Jam and Hawkwind? Would love to see you playing Quark, Strangeness and Charm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Darren,
This is an unusual response to your Bassist Wanted ad: I'm Barry Waller, a New York-based bassist and vocalist who worked as bassist, rhythm guitarist and musical director in your own Ritchie Blackmore's current band Blackmore's Night through 2007. As local music here in the suburbs of Long Island is drying up, I am now seriously considering relocating to another country for good, and I have no real attachments here. Having played the pubs of Northern Europe as a troubadour for many years, I am no stranger to travel. As impractical as my pursuing your band might seem, please bear with me: I already know half your playlist, and am genuinely enthusiastic about the remainder - I have always loved the Buzzcocks for example, but they were never popular enough in my country to justify learning any of their songs for cover gigs. Same goes for Supergrass, and many others on yhour list. I am a VERY quick study, picking up large volumes of work in a short time, or else I would not have survived Rirtchie Blackmore!
If you would consider being patient with a recruit from the U.S. who's just getting his footing in a new country, I could be a considerable, unforseen asset to you and your band - while not gigging we could be working as a semi-acoustic duo or trio in smaller pubs, for example. And perhaps advertising that one of your members is a Blackmore alumni could be a considerable boost for your self-promotion. I have friends outside Kent whom I could possibly stay with for a limited time, in the event that you'd be interested in my flying in for an audition. Do consider. Meantime, here's a link to my new video of an original tune with me on bass (and everything else)...
Sincerely,
Barry Waller
www.barrywaller.com

Link to video:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieHQOhBSFF8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieHQOhBSFF8[/url]