Why become a member? ×

Ampeg Skunkworks SVT + Aguilar GS410

NJW

So I bought an Aguilar GS 410 a few weeks back from a kind basschatter and have had it sitting in my house without hearing it since!

Today I received the call to say my Ampeg Skunkworks ltd. edition SVT was finished in the repair shop, fully revalved with new JJ 6550s and serviced with a whole lot of issues that I've been struggling with fixed.

Now I just got it home and, living in a flat, am unable to crank it... but I couldn't resist turning it up just a little and at volume '3' with the low mid set to 220Hz cranked. All I can say is OH MY GOSH!

I am playing tomorrow night and am ridiculously excited about this! I will post a full in depth review of joy when I return!

I'm just so excited that I had to post this!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[quote name='NJW' post='1264520' date='Jun 11 2011, 12:28 AM']So I bought an Aguilar GS 410 a few weeks back from a kind basschatter and have had it sitting in my house without hearing it since!

Today I received the call to say my Ampeg Skunkworks ltd. edition SVT was finished in the repair shop, fully revalved with new JJ 6550s and serviced with a whole lot of issues that I've been struggling with fixed.

Now I just got it home and, living in a flat, am unable to crank it... but I couldn't resist turning it up just a little and at volume '3' with the low mid set to 220Hz cranked. All I can say is OH MY GOSH!

I am playing tomorrow night and am ridiculously excited about this! I will post a full in depth review of joy when I return!

I'm just so excited that I had to post this!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/quote]

Enjoy her! That sounds like a fantastic setup! Go on, give us a picture or two!

Okay lets say I'm very very happy with this rig! I will be adding another GS410 to the rig to make a stack of doom as soon as I can. That sounded absolutely rocking last night!!!

Edited by NJW

• 2 weeks later...