Why become a member? ×

Yet another 'how much' post

wizbat

My mate has a 1974 fender precision in what I assume to be a bergundy/dark cherry color, he's owned it for over 25 years and for the last twenty odd years it has just sat in its case in a wardrobe.
I,m picking it up from him this weekend to give it a set up and some new strings then I can post some pics, it has hardly any fretwear and has had emg pichups fitted at some time before he owned it so the originals are long gone, other than that it is all original.
any ideas as to how much to stick it up in the for sale forum?

[quote name='wizbat' post='1264334' date='Jun 10 2011, 08:04 PM']My mate has a 1974 fender precision in what I assume to be a bergundy/dark cherry color, he's owned it for over 25 years and for the last twenty odd years it has just sat in its case in a wardrobe.
I,m picking it up from him this weekend to give it a set up and some new strings then I can post some pics, it has hardly any fretwear and has had emg pichups fitted at some time before he owned it so the originals are long gone, other than that it is all original.
any ideas as to how much to stick it up in the for sale forum?[/quote]

Could be anything between £500 and £1250 really, depending on so many factors (condition, whether it's had a refin, components). You'd need to post pics and provide far more detail to get a reliable approximate value, and even then, the price for which it sells will be a function on whether anyone who wants a non-original '74 in Burgundy has the cash. If I were you I'd list it at the highest price you think reasonable and invite offers by PM