Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Series 6 combo - just asking

cockbongo

Hi folks,

I've had a Trace 2x10 combo for a number of years now - i *think* the model is a 7210 Series 6, as it has no built in compression on what i think is a GP7 amp (oh, and it says Series 6 on it :) ). The Trace site won't let me download the manual to double check, but as i rarely use it to gig with and only sometimes turn it on at home (so it's in tip top condition), I was interested in knowing a bit more about it before parting company with it. Any experts here?

- Can anyone tell me how powerful the amp is in watts?
- Can you connect another speaker cab to it (say, a 1x15)? I'm at work at the moment and can't remember if it has an output on the back..
- Roughly how old is it?
- What kind of reputation do these amps have? Do they go for very much on the second hand market?

Been searching around but can't find too much info so anything you can tell me would be great.

Cheers!

T

They're worthless, give it to me ;)

Try [url="http://www.britishaudioservice.com/trace_operateinstru.shtml"]HERE[/url] for the manual.

Series 6 is largely regarded as the last real sh*t hot Trace.

So, sell to me for 50p or to someone nice for about £200 probably :huh:

EDIT: can't find a 2x10 combo in the 7-band Series 6 range tho... :) Can you post a pic?

Edited by Merton

Apologies for the terrible picture, but here it is.

It needs a clean, but apart from that it's in great condition. I saw that Series 6 manual and I was also quite surprised there was no mention of a 7210 - the Trace website does show it under the Discontinued Models section, but the manual you then download is the same Series 6 manual with no mention of the 7210.....

Good to know it has a decent reputation though, it certainly is a nice amp. Anyone else had one and know much about Series 6 in general?

T