Why become a member? ×

ME-50b Slow Gear effect

Sibob

As the title suggests really, any bass pedals that slow the attack of a note? Essentially an auto-fade in I guess.
Not a 'Reverse' as I don't want the note to cut off, decay as normal

Cheers
Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='1259443' date='Jun 7 2011, 10:54 AM']As the title suggests really, any bass pedals that slow the attack of a note? Essentially an auto-fade in I guess.
Not a 'Reverse' as I don't want the note to cut off, decay as normal[/quote]
Well, seeing as the original Slow Gear pedals are extremely rare and about a bazillion squid, you could always get the [url="http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/SM200.aspx"]Behringer clone[/url].

Or were you after something bass-specific?

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1259457' date='Jun 7 2011, 11:09 AM']Well, seeing as the original Slow Gear pedals are extremely rare and about a bazillion squid....[/quote]

You're not joking, one on eBay £299 BIN

Si

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1259523' date='Jun 7 2011, 11:50 AM'][url="http://www.buildyourownclone.com/lazysprocket.html"]this kit[/url] is pretty cheap[/quote]
Although still almost double the price of the Behringer. Depends on whether Si feels he can stoop to Behringer pedals. :)

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1259457' date='Jun 7 2011, 11:09 AM']Well, seeing as the original Slow Gear pedals are extremely rare and about a bazillion squid, you could always get the [url="http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/SM200.aspx"]Behringer clone[/url].

Or were you after something bass-specific?[/quote]

Check out the Behringer copy.....it's good enough for Juan Alderete

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1259526' date='Jun 7 2011, 11:52 AM']Although still almost double the price of the Behringer. Depends on whether Si feels he can stoop to Behringer pedals. :)[/quote]

heh :) I like the behringer pedals! It's just I wouldn't want to stamp on one (and I do like stamping).

[quote name='Sibob' post='1259518' date='Jun 7 2011, 11:45 AM']You're not joking, one on eBay £299 BIN[/quote]
Really? :)
Always wondered why Boss never reissued the Slow Gear; I think it must have been one of those things that didn't sell at the time but now everybody wants.

Anyway; something similar: why not just use a volume pedal for swells?
Too labour intensive for you? :)

A bit labour intensive yeah, I have a couple if tunes in my hiphop/dubstep band that have every note swelled...I'm not riding the volume pedal for 8mins lol. Plus the Me-50b volume function has a noticeable notch between off and on, so it's hard to be consistent.
As you might have guessed from my other thread, I'm vaguely thinking about replacing it for single pedals, but it's a great piece if kit, so we'll see

Si

Most of the sounds I use are pretty clean actually, there are synths layered over the top for dirty sounds. I'm more interested in providing the sub and supportive bass sounds.

I've owned and used an EHX Micro Synth, nice piece of gear, but it got sold. Found the sliders too fiddly for quick changes live.

Si

[quote name='absolutpepper' post='1262383' date='Jun 9 2011, 10:24 AM']Perhaps a bit of an obvious one but why not just swell into the notes using a volume pedal, something like a VP-Jr is pretty responsive and would work grand.[/quote]
Do keep up, dear fellow :) ...

[quote name='RhysP' post='1259571' date='Jun 7 2011, 12:35 PM']Anyway; something similar: why not just use a volume pedal for swells?
Too labour intensive for you? :)[/quote]
[quote name='Sibob' post='1259740' date='Jun 7 2011, 02:45 PM']A bit labour intensive yeah, I have a couple if tunes in my hiphop/dubstep band that have every note swelled...I'm not riding the volume pedal for 8mins lol.[/quote]