Why become a member? ×

BOSS LMB-3

artisan

I really like mine, it's extremely useful, certainly (IMHO) better and more useful than any compressors you get that just have a level, attack, and compress/sustain controls. You really need (IMHO) control over the ratio and threshold of your compression. Attack is useful, but not so much for limiting.

Anyway - If you're not going to be doing much gigging, or playing football with your new pedal, i'd save yourself a sh*tload of money and buy the Behginger copy of the LMB-3.

I got one a few months back - the drummer says he can hear me better and the sound level is definitely more equal, even with my ropey playing style - all the peaks of pickup / fret slap seem reduced (except the ones I want) and there are less of those harsh moments. £40 off Nimrod looks like a good price, they go for more on ebay. I wouldn't trust a Behringer to take too many knocks...

Snap the ENHANCE knob off though, just in case it gets turned on by mistake! :)

Edited by johnnylager

thanks for the info guys,having never used one before & being a bit skint,i've just bought a brand new beringer one off evilbay for £15.90 delivered.
if i like the effect on my next couple of gigs (if it lasts that long) i'll buy a boss one & give this to my nephew.
many thanks
Neil.

[quote name='johnnylager' post='145037' date='Feb 22 2008, 01:46 PM']I got one a few months back - the drummer says he can hear me better and the sound level is definitely more equal, even with my ropey playing style - all the peaks of pickup / fret slap seem reduced (except the ones I want) and there are less of those harsh moments.[/quote]

Hmmm... I don't think I want to sell it now :)